Speaker cable subwoofer-amplifier

I just realized that i cant use 8AWG because woofer terminals wont take two 8AWG cables on one + and - terminals.

from one voice coil + to the other voice coil +

and one voice coil - to other voice coil -

and then from one + to box terminal and one from - to box terminal.

It wont fit.

Any other solutions? or just accept that i should use 11AWG :)

Woofer specifications tells me this:

Speaker Connector Dual 8 AWG slot load

If you're set on trying to use higher than the 10 or 12 gauge wire, ditch the terminal cups and use terminal bolts on your box and you can use the 8 gauge if you want as well as switch up your wiring without even unmounting your woofers.

thank you very much for help!

But two 8 AWG cables twisted togheter wont fit on one woofer terminal because its only accept 8 AWG total.
How do other people do this things?

A car audio company told me that a 11 AWG (2x4mm2) wire can handle up to 5000W RMS so it wont be a problem for me.

But two 8 AWG cables twisted togheter wont fit on one woofer terminal because its only accept 8 AWG total.

A car audio company told me that a 11 AWG (2x4mm2) wire can handle up to 5000W RMS so it wont be a problem for me.

We do it by a wire from every input on the woofer ---> a bolt on the box. And you jumpers are done via the bolts, not on the woofer.

We do it by a wire from every input on the woofer ---> a bolt on the box. And you jumpers are done via the bolts, not on the woofer.

Ah, i see now i understand :) are there any pictures of that? or maybe some kind of movie/video?

i have searched a lot on youtube for this but.. couldnt find :) maybe i was searching on the wrong places.

Speakerwire006.jpg

Ok, i think i will do that then!

Thanks again for all support and advices! :)

Just ordered 5meters of stinger 8awg OFC power cable and ringterminals for that.
should need 6 of that right?

was thinking of using those tee nuts M8 and then use m8x20 bolt maybe with a washer or two.
also some kind of threadlock like loctite

• 2 weeks later...

2 Tee nuts M8 and Two M8x20 bolts will that work?

im not planning of dritt through the box. Just use the inside.

Will the bolts stay there with a Tee nut? and with some loctite? maybe i can glue the bolts also.
That would be the easiest for me.

Just use the thickest wire that will fit in the terminals, 11AWG is plenty. Speaker current is alternating, so resistance (impedance) in the wiring is much, much less than if it were DC.

Cables and wires almost never fail; the terminations do.

• 5 months later...

Sorry for bringing my old thread back up..
But, i havent got my thumb out from my ass yet for doing the subwoofer build and wiring..

For your knowing i went and bought plenty of 8awg speaker wire from Stinger

I feel kinda dumb and have some times hard to understand.
It is better for me to see some picture example of how people do.

Had been nice to see some :) are there any?

Archived