ShortWide1994 Posted September 25, 2014 Report Posted September 25, 2014 I'm trying to get a design together for a Skar 8 and can't come up with much. I've got around 15 inches in all directions for the dimensions. Can I get some help please?? 2011 Chevy CamaroPioneer AVH-P1400AA Mayhem 12Audioque 3500D.1Knu 1/0 2000 Chevy Silverado 2 Sundown SA-15's 1 American Bass 200.1 Sky High 1/0 Stock Electrical..... FTL!
yurvalentine Posted September 25, 2014 Report Posted September 25, 2014 I'll be up front and say I can't design shit...but to help those who can out you'll want to include more about what you want from the box. Amp, music preferences, etc.
ShortWide1994 Posted September 26, 2014 Author Report Posted September 26, 2014 Amp will just be a cheap boss 500 watt until a second one is added. I'm trying to keep the tuning around 35 to 36 hertz. 2011 Chevy CamaroPioneer AVH-P1400AA Mayhem 12Audioque 3500D.1Knu 1/0 2000 Chevy Silverado 2 Sundown SA-15's 1 American Bass 200.1 Sky High 1/0 Stock Electrical..... FTL!
csermonet47 Posted September 27, 2014 Report Posted September 27, 2014 If you plan on upgrading to a higher power amp, your box will need to be rebuilt. If you know what amp you are going to get in the future, I would use the RMS rating of that for your box design so you don't have to rebuild later.
Joe X Posted September 27, 2014 Report Posted September 27, 2014 So here is a suggestion, sorry about the dims, still should fit but make sure, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 1 3/4", figure is just an assembly guide:NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.
ShortWide1994 Posted September 29, 2014 Author Report Posted September 29, 2014 Thank you!!! 2011 Chevy CamaroPioneer AVH-P1400AA Mayhem 12Audioque 3500D.1Knu 1/0 2000 Chevy Silverado 2 Sundown SA-15's 1 American Bass 200.1 Sky High 1/0 Stock Electrical..... FTL!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.