Second Skin Audio

Value of jl 12w6v1?? need help

WyattWade11

What would the rough value of a jl 12w6v1 in almost perfect condition? ive seen them listed for 200-300$. Are they really worth that?

I am a JL fan. Their 13.5w7 is 1300.00 new. A new 12w6v3 is 600.00, so a used 12w6v2 is a fair price at 300.00 in perfect condition, and somewhere in between 200-300 at an "almost perfect" condition. You vave a v1. Keep in mind that it is an older style woofer. To the right person, its an old school find and would be happy to find it, but mabe for around 90-175. Your market is a lot smaller. If you had a pair, you would have a better chance at getting 300 for the pair. I still run 4-JL Audio 15w3v1's in my show truck. I get 149.9db from them. I paid 400 each when I bought them new from the dealer on sale. They have been installed since 1999 and never removed. I feel that I would be hard pressed to get 300 each for them and they are immaculate and 3 inches bigger.

That is an old woofer,especially if it is dual 3/6 ohm. The surround naturally rips fast, but much better with the AE model. I like the original w6, its nice and tight. It still has that signature "wet bass" from jl though,that i do not like.

If its in perfect condition id say $150 for the original,$175 for the AE,$250 for the v2,$300+ for the v3.

Okay thank you guys! i just picked up a pair of them from some kid for 40$. Like you said the surrounds are all eatin up but i ordered some new ones. I didnt realize what they were till i took them out of the box. I thought they were just some old w0's but when i pulled one out the thing was heavy as hell and it ended up being a w6v1

Okay thank you guys! i just picked up a pair of them from some kid for 40$. Like you said the surrounds are all eatin up but i ordered some new ones. I didnt realize what they were till i took them out of the box. I thought they were just some old w0's but when i pulled one out the thing was heavy as hell and it ended up being a w6v1

Nice! Not a bad come up! Just pray the surround is all it needs, good luck!

Archived