Sonic Electronix

Looking to upgrade from Kickers

My daily driver is running an Alpine 1000 and Kicker 2010 CVR 12's. I am wondering which subs I should upgrade too next? I listen to a lot of Death/Black metal with very high BPM and want subs that are very tight and accurate. While on the opposite side of the coin I still want them to be able to slam the bass when I pour on the low notes as well. Any suggestions would be great and also what type of enclosure would be the best middle ground for both types of music. I have a 1995 Mercury Sable so I'm stuck with trunk build and can do roughly around 4.5 ft3 total. Thanks again ahead of time.

2005 Ford Five Hundred

1 EMF Banhammer 15"

Orion XTR 4000.1

Alpine MRP-F300 4 channel

Pioneer AVH-X3800BT

1. Research (a lot of companies out there, browse

thru the forum, you will be surprised on how many topics asking for suggestions on subs)

2. After you decide on what sub(s) to get, post in

Subwoofer/enclosure section for box help

3. Max dimensions on space avail...

1. Research (a lot of companies out there, browse

thru the forum, you will be surprised on how many topics asking for suggestions on subs)

2. After you decide on what sub(s) to get, post in

Subwoofer/enclosure section for box help

3. Max dimensions on space avail...

Just to piggyback off what islandpride is saying:

-figure out your budget first. Then decide what kind of set up you want (single/multiple woofer, woofer size) given your space available. Try not to get brand name tunnel vision.

-will your amp need to be upgraded as well to power the subs cleanly at rated rms.

-do you have sufficient electrical (wire size/type, battery power, alternator) to sustain your amps needs.

-And like island said don't spend all that money and expect miracles from a prefab box when you can build one cheaper and tailor it to your audio goals.

It's not as easy as dropping in some dc level 6 15" in the same box powered off the same amp you had a duel 15" previously. I wish it was. All that shit is relative, so if you have to dial back the woofer budget to accommodate a new amp so be it.

Archived