Second Skin Audio

Looking for help designing box

Chrisj10012

I'm looking for help designing a box for my Alpine SWS-12D4. It is currently in a 1.25cf ported box tuned to 37hz wired up to 8 ohms on a 2-channel amp (http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ovK6MFTT1Qu/p_105KSA4302/JVC-KS-AX4302.html). I intend to get a RF R500x1D for it and at the same time I would like to make a new box with a little more room inside while making it no more than 16 inches tall and atleast 14 inches deep. I will probably mount the amp on the side instead of the top in order to stop it from pushing up the cover.

With my current box, the subwoofer amp that is mounted on top pushes up the back cover for the trunk space.

IMG_0864_zps552f097a.jpg

Height

IMG_0866_zps61e6e2e6.jpg

Width

IMG_0867_zps9d6d13fd.jpg

Depth

IMG_0868_zps4772912b.jpg

I have plenty of room width and depth but I'm trying to limit the height to a total of 16 inches.

I'm looking for a ported box with 1.55cf-1.75cf and tuned for 35hz.

If I knew how to design a box I would do it myself but I can't seem to understand the math behind it.

I have access to any tools i will need to build it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Information from the manual on my subwoofer. Mine is the center column.

wubsoofer_zpsc7aa1daf.jpg

If i'm missing anything required to get options for boxes let me know

Thank you if you actually read all this.

So here is a suggestion, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 30Hz, minimum port clearance 2", figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

sws12.jpg

1SFPFno45s_zps74ec662c.jpg

• 8 months later...

My stepdad is a contractor, I asked if he had any MDF and he offered to make the box himself. He made it at work in his spare time over 2 days... lol. Also purchased new amps, rear speakers, and headunit today... box will be put to use soon enough

Archived