Got bored and went out And got a bunch of detailing supplies, watched several videos, and read up a bit. So I think I'm gonna give it a shot after class!

Gonna post before, during, and after pics of anyone's interested?

Hope it comes out good! Lol

451635DD-874A-4580-B03E-38F8098C5EA7_zps

Screwed up on the pics cuz my cameras crap...

But for my first time detailing, it looks damn good!

Lmao took me 3.5 hours from start to finish and was a lot more work than I thought.. Now I understand why it's not cheap to go get it done somewhere!

I just gotta be careful with all the plastic trim, heard it fades the black if you get polish and/or wax on them.. Or is that not true?

• 4 weeks later...

Screwed up on the pics cuz my cameras crap...

But for my first time detailing, it looks damn good!

Lmao took me 3.5 hours from start to finish and was a lot more work than I thought.. Now I understand why it's not cheap to go get it done somewhere!

I just gotta be careful with all the plastic trim, heard it fades the black if you get polish and/or wax on them.. Or is that not true?

Most of the time when i do a FULL detail it takes 2 days, but awesome man! Glad you saw how much work it is detailing! an yes that is true, I've done it myself. If you do touch plastic trim don't be too worried. What works for me personally is taking something called Grease Lighting to the area that has faded. Just spray it on an whip off. But thats just something that works for me personally, I'm sure there are better ways of fixing it.To avoid touching the trim at all though, just tape it up with blue painters tape or something similar.

Currently whipping a O4' GMC Sierra 2500

Performance:

K&N Cold Air Intake

Hedman headers

3" True duels

Flowmaster Super 10's

Magnaflow High Flow Cats

G2 4:88 running gears

New cooling system

Superchips Flashpaq programmer

Eaton lockers

Audio: JL CP208W3V3

Kenwood X500-1

8 Gauge Memphis Power wire

Kenwood DDX8901HD

Exterior:

Fabtech 9.5" lift

38x13.5 Toyo Open Country M/T's

18x10 Fuel Mavericks (-44 offset)

Diamond plate bed gaurds

Diamond plate tool box

Recon Xenon Bulbs in Highs,Lows,& Fogs

Recon LED Tail lights

AMP Research Automated steps

Yeah the 3.5 hours wasn't even me taking my time, I had to go to work so I was rushing which wasn't a good idea. The next time I do it I want to take my time and make sure it's all done to the best I can get it. But for now it's good(;

Come practice on my trucks.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

My best time to completely detail the x is 6 hours.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Archived