Need help with pac c2r-chy4 harness.

I'm trying to install a head unit in a Chrysler 200 with steering wheel controls. I have a pac c2r-chy4 harness from a previous vehicle and it says it is compatible with my 200. I've already contacted their tech support with no help.

The kit originally came with 2 harnesses to choose from which plugs into the factory harness. The harness that was used will not work for my 200 so I purchased the correct one.

Now that I have the right harness, I'm not sure how to wire it into the pac c2r-chy4 harness and swi can interface. There are only 4 wires to hook up but the instructions do not tell me what the 2 pink wires are for. There is a solid light pink and a pink and black wire that I have cut from the old harness. I'm lost on how to wire this into my new head unit. Any ideas?

2ljrjp2.jpg25816rp.jpg

2cgkdcm.jpg

http://www.pac-audio.com/PACProductData/C2R-CHY4/1_Instructions/c2r-chy4_instructions_042111.pdf

What trim level is your 200? I did the radio pro in my Mag it was a little tricky.

Looks like they are not supposed to be cut in the stock picture.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Thanks for the reply!

It would make sense if it was red but there is another red wire out of the same harness and it's really bright red.

I have the base LX model 200. Another forum a guy hooked up the PAC RP4-CH11 in his and it worked fine. I think that is the one I need but I already have this one, plus PAC is telling me it will work.

I do know that the one I have is for a vehicle with NAV and I am putting in NAV with my new head unit.

I cut the 2 pink wires, the yellow and black. I understand the yellow and black but these 2 pink wires are confusing me unless they are in fact red.

343gny9.jpg

If I hook up the 4 wires assuming that the pink ones are really red, what's the worse that could happen? I don't want to short out my new head unit!

Well there is already a solid red wire labeled ACC output and the red and white is already spliced into the harness, so I still have the "pink" wires left..

If I hook up the 4 wires assuming that the pink ones are really red, what's the worse that could happen? I don't want to short out my new head unit!

I wouldn't. Those wires are more than likely what communicates with the CAN-BUS system. If you dont know what the CAN-BUS system is you should read up on it before you go any further.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

contacted tech support with no help? that sucks.....

guess PAC is going to lose to the competit....wait....does PAC have competition?

mine acts like a gremlin, soldered twice (redid it just to make sure i didnt fuck up first time), everything functions....then sometimes buttons just quit....for a few seconds....then back randomly....

Thanks for the replies!

I can go without the ST controls, but i'm installing a Kenwood Excelon and the factory harness doesn't have any wires for illumination, mute and other features.

Tech support just kept telling me to read the diagram.

Mine works flawlessly but they are a pain in the ass to get right with the can bus system and their diagrams and instructions are not clear.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Archived