Do I need a H/O alt??

You should ground your alternator directly to the battery, it helps. Since the alternator's negative current has to go through the engine block to get to the battery. I just switched my chassis ground to my alternator and it helped a ton.

If your running that much power, then yeah... You will want a high output alternator.

You should have both grounds not one or the other.

Yes, one to the engine block and the other to the alternator instead of the chassis...

You should ground your alternator directly to the battery, it helps. Since the alternator's negative current has to go through the engine block to get to the battery. I just switched my chassis ground to my alternator and it helped a ton.

If your running that much power, then yeah... You will want a high output alternator.

Yes, one to the engine block and the other to the alternator instead of the chassis...

You still need a chassis ground.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Ground everywhere, I have two grounds on both batteries under the hood. Two go to the frame, the others go right on the alternator casings.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

You still need a chassis ground.

I'm just saying the alternator ground takes priority over a chassis ground if you don't have the extra wire.

Alright I'll be looking into the alt. the only reason I haven't done it yet was due to the cost of books which depleted the alt fund.

Also, voltage stays strong and hasn't dropped into the 12's yet.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire