anybody here have a 2wd v8 s10/blazer

Interested in doing the swap if you have done it personally post what engine/Trans combo you went with, how you like the result, and (this one might hurt to say)total cost.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

if it has the 4.3 vortec id just stick with that. if not id just get a 4.3 vortec for it. they are nice. same horsepower and torque as a 305 but double the gas mileage. just beef the 4.3 up. it will b worth it.

you can put just about any 350 you can find.. i would go to a junk yard and get a LT1 with the 4l60E trans. or just buy a 94-96 chevy caprice or roadmaster. you can even get an LS1 if you dont mind spending 5k

Would you think that if I was going to do a v8 swap I would use a piece of shit 305? 4.3 is a great engine durability wise but power wise it leaves much to be desired. as far as building the 4.3 the cost for me to build this engine would be foolish I could slap a stock v8 in it and achieve the same hp and torque as a built 4.3 and have more durability and way more room to grow power wise.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

you can put just about any 350 you can find.. i would go to a junk yard and get a LT1 with the 4l60E trans. or just buy a 94-96 chevy caprice or roadmaster. you can even get an LS1 if you dont mind spending 5k

Yeah I know all this I've wrenched on cars for years and I've been contemplating the swap for about 3 years only reason I haven't yet is because the engine still runs like a champ and only has 150k on it. I was just looking for some real world experiences and the amount people have spent on different setups because you can plan cost as much as you want but it never ends up the amount you were planning for. Sort of the same way with audio.

Engine wise I'm thinking 5.3 because they are cheap to get.

Yeah I know all this I've wrenched on cars for years and I've been contemplating the swap for about 3 years only reason I haven't yet is because the engine still runs like a champ and only has 150k on it. I was just looking for some real world experiences and the amount people have spent on different setups because you can plan cost as much as you want but it never ends up the amount you were planning for. Sort of the same way with audio.

Engine wise I'm thinking 5.3 because they are cheap to get.

5.3 or the 6.0 would be beast.

I've been playing with this idea also, when I blew my lower intake gasket I REALLY started looking into it. I found a good amount of info on s10forum.com, I was also leaning towards a 5.3 since they can be found for pretty cheap. I hope you end up doing this so I can ask questions!

Build log: Click

03 Chevy Blazer

- IPad Air 2 

- ALPINE Head Unit

- 4 DC XL 18s

- 2 DC 3.5k

- ALPINE TYPE R 5.25 COMP

- 3 ALPINE TYPE R 6.5 COMPs

- DC 175.4

- DC HO Alt

- D3400

- 4 XP3000s

- KNU 0ga

- 60 SqFt Damp Pro

Lots more...

I've been playing with this idea also, when I blew my lower intake gasket I REALLY started looking into it. I found a good amount of info on s10forum.com, I was also leaning towards a 5.3 since they can be found for pretty cheap. I hope you end up doing this so I can ask questions!

If I do it it won't be till after winter.

Archived