join with help building a 1000 dollar budget gaming pc

You really overestimate the value of cores. My 4770k has been so marginally better than an i5 I wonder why I bought it at all. In fact I only did because I plan to overclock and I want those extra hertz. And I don't know what benchmarks you keep referring to but stock clocked the i5 has an advantage in a huge majority of programs.

Then how come every bench I see says other wise. How multiple threads on overclock and tomshardware people say get the i5.

I posted a few benchmarks and so did that other guy.

Post some of your scores. Im genuinely curious and want to see.

Ps i5 is 230 something.

98 Mustang GT
Singer 320
2 12" Incriminator Death Penalties
1 SAZ-2500dv2
2 D3100,1 D3400
2 Crescendo CZ-65
SAX-100.2

Door panels by Diablo Kustomz

Passmark, CPU Boss, 3DMark, all rank the 8350 much higher. I also did some actual benchmark testing on my girlfriends FX-8320, 8GB DDR3-1600, R9-280 machine, that compares it to other tests ran on various other machines, including the i5's. I have the results, 5 different benchmarks, testing 3D rendering, photo editing, and a few other specific applications. Even the 8320 walked all over the i5's and if someone could explain how in the hell I can upload photos to this topic, rather than use an image hosting service, I will be glad to show you. So really, the only testing done that showed the i5 being better in any way, is anandtech.

Head Unit - Clarion VX709 7" DVD Touchscreen

Mid/Highs - Front Doors - RF Prime 6.5" component mids.

A. Pillars - RF Punch component tweets.
B. Pillars - RF Prime component tweets.
Rear Doors - RF Punch 5.25" mids.
RF Punch 3-way passive X-overs.
Mid/Highs Amp - MB Quart Onyx 360.4, 4 channel, 640W RMS.
Subs - (2) PowerBass 3XL 15, 1000w RMS, 3" flat wound coil, 562oz motor, 10" spider.
Sub Amp - Audiopipe GD6001 @.5ohm, clamped 2825RMS.
Box - 9.6 cu^3 net @35Hz, three 6" aero's.
Charging - Energizer 120Ah AGM under the hood, MaxLife 75Ah in the rear. Big 3, 140A aftermarket alt. (off brand)
Wires - Two JL Audio 2/0ga OFC. runs to rear, 4ga. power/2ga. ground to component amp (OFC), 1/0ga. OFC Knu Konceptz Kolossus Kandy everywhere else.

I would also like to see the FX and the i5 compared side by side, with the same memory, gpu, ssd and psu.... Don't think I am downing the i5's at all and like I said before, there aren't many games (if any) that will consume everything it has to offer. The i5 consumes less power, runs cooler, etc. By previous experience and what a lot of the bench tests conclude however, it seems the 8320/8350 has more raw processing power and bandwidth. There are of course a LOT of variables.... CPU isn't all that determines performance, even before considering graphics power, memory, PSU wattage, hard drive, can all slow things down quite a bit and benchmarks are usually not specific on what other hardware is used on each machine.

Subs - (2) PowerBass 3XL 15, 1000w RMS, 3" flat wound coil, 562oz motor, 10" spider.
Charging - Energizer 120Ah AGM under the hood, MaxLife 75Ah in the rear. Big 3, 140A aftermarket alt. (off brand)
Wires - Two JL Audio 2/0ga OFC. runs to rear, 4ga. power/2ga. ground to component amp (OFC), 1/0ga. OFC Knu Konceptz Kolossus Kandy everywhere else.

All those programs are utilizing all 8 cores...which explains why i5 < 8350 < i7. But they are synthetic benchmarks, which is 100% theoretical power. I know a while back TekSyndicate did real world application testing of the 8350 vs the 3570k vs the 3770k, basically found out AMD vs Intel is all about the specific programs and for gaming the Intel performs pretty consistently better.

And I hope you don't feel like we are sitting on AMD, or you for that matter. But for anyone with a fresh slate who wants a gaming rig I have to recommend the i5 series.

All those programs are utilizing all 8 cores...which explains why i5 < 8350 < i7. But they are synthetic benchmarks, which is 100% theoretical power. I know a while back TekSyndicate did real world application testing of the 8350 vs the 3570k vs the 3770k, basically found out AMD vs Intel is all about the specific programs and for gaming the Intel performs pretty consistently better.

And I hope you don't feel like we are sitting on AMD, or you for that matter. But for anyone with a fresh slate who wants a gaming rig I have to recommend the i5 series.

Them i7-4770k's are beast CPU's! No argument that they will out do ANY AMD on the market, including the FX-9590. My next build will definitely be an i7, once my car audio craving has been satisfied lol. And no, I don't think that at all. We all have our own preferences and thoughts on what is better for what, etc. I do an equal amount of gaming and other things on my rig and need the 8 cores so the i5's do not interest me. Only reason I suggested that to the OP was because AMD are obviously cheaper and many of the people I do builds for, often go with AMD because of that. Also, neither my 8320 or 8350 machines have ever went past 50% (40% with the 8350, 50% with the 8320), so the CPU's would do justice. For gaming, the i5 would be fine, especially the 4690. I won't bench as high as that i7, I can promise that lol but I only paid $150 for this CPU so I am not expecting top notch...

I will test mine @4.20Ghz and see what the results are. Would love to see a real world comparison between the FX 8 cores and the i5! I will say, them scores are better than I expected from the i5 so this could very well be interesting.

I would go higher but I need liquid first. It got to 53°c after pass mark. Never see that in games. I have all the fans set to go 100% at 50°c and that barely happens.

I5 deserves credit. Its only 4 cores and it hangs with 8 cores. Its top shit for games because of the single thread power.

98 Mustang GT
Singer 320
2 12" Incriminator Death Penalties
1 SAZ-2500dv2
2 D3100,1 D3400
2 Crescendo CZ-65
SAX-100.2

Door panels by Diablo Kustomz

Archived