2000TACO Posted October 6, 2014 Report Posted October 6, 2014 I have 2 HDS3 12s D2 going to be powered by a q2200 wired at .5 ohms, I've been reading around all over and can't find much, I need a recommended cuft and port area for a box for the pair. I have about 17.5x17.5x38 to work with. subs foward kerf port out drivers side unless you guys have a better idea for an 09 access cab tacoma thanks loganberry, on 17 October 2009 - 11:39 PM, said: on the lows it sounds like a 90 year old vagina flapping in the wind JayP, on 10 June 2010 - 4:53 AM, said: Your truck looks like a prostitute gave the car a blow job with starburst in it's mouth.
2000TACO Posted October 6, 2014 Author Report Posted October 6, 2014 Forgot to mention I want it to play low good and have a good range that will play loud, my last box on played 39-46 loud and the rest was pitiful especially the lows, it just sounded like it was blowing air, not much sound loganberry, on 17 October 2009 - 11:39 PM, said: on the lows it sounds like a 90 year old vagina flapping in the wind JayP, on 10 June 2010 - 4:53 AM, said: Your truck looks like a prostitute gave the car a blow job with starburst in it's mouth.
BoomZoom808 Posted October 7, 2014 Report Posted October 7, 2014 Forgot to mention I want it to play low good and have a good range that will play loud, my last box on played 39-46 loud and the rest was pitiful especially the lows, it just sounded like it was blowing air, not much sound That's what lows sound like if the port does not have anything to load off of 2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS Knu OFC 1/0 SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750 Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5 IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12
2000TACO Posted October 7, 2014 Author Report Posted October 7, 2014 Forgot to mention I want it to play low good and have a good range that will play loud, my last box on played 39-46 loud and the rest was pitiful especially the lows, it just sounded like it was blowing air, not much soundThat's what lows sound like if the port does not have anything to load off of When I say lows I mean like 37 and under, the previous box peaked at 43 and only played decent at 39-46 loganberry, on 17 October 2009 - 11:39 PM, said: on the lows it sounds like a 90 year old vagina flapping in the wind JayP, on 10 June 2010 - 4:53 AM, said: Your truck looks like a prostitute gave the car a blow job with starburst in it's mouth.
Joe X Posted October 7, 2014 Report Posted October 7, 2014 Forgot to mention I want it to play low good and have a good range that will play loud, my last box on played 39-46 loud and the rest was pitiful especially the lows, it just sounded like it was blowing air, not much sound Sketch of the last box and specs? seats are out?
RainStryke Posted October 7, 2014 Report Posted October 7, 2014 I have those same exact subwoofers in a 5FT^3 box, which is a little smaller than what your box will be. I tuned mine to 30.5Hz and it does VERY well on the lows.
2000TACO Posted October 7, 2014 Author Report Posted October 7, 2014 Joe x the last box was 16.5x16.5x37.5 for an IA 15. Sub and port foward, I'm on my phone right now so I can't upload the pics but I have a build log showing the box build loganberry, on 17 October 2009 - 11:39 PM, said: on the lows it sounds like a 90 year old vagina flapping in the wind JayP, on 10 June 2010 - 4:53 AM, said: Your truck looks like a prostitute gave the car a blow job with starburst in it's mouth.
2000TACO Posted October 7, 2014 Author Report Posted October 7, 2014 Joe x the port was 4.25x12.5 I believe loganberry, on 17 October 2009 - 11:39 PM, said: on the lows it sounds like a 90 year old vagina flapping in the wind JayP, on 10 June 2010 - 4:53 AM, said: Your truck looks like a prostitute gave the car a blow job with starburst in it's mouth.
2000TACO Posted October 7, 2014 Author Report Posted October 7, 2014 Previous box spec for my IA 15 loganberry, on 17 October 2009 - 11:39 PM, said: on the lows it sounds like a 90 year old vagina flapping in the wind JayP, on 10 June 2010 - 4:53 AM, said: Your truck looks like a prostitute gave the car a blow job with starburst in it's mouth.
2000TACO Posted October 7, 2014 Author Report Posted October 7, 2014 loganberry, on 17 October 2009 - 11:39 PM, said: on the lows it sounds like a 90 year old vagina flapping in the wind JayP, on 10 June 2010 - 4:53 AM, said: Your truck looks like a prostitute gave the car a blow job with starburst in it's mouth.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.