Sonic Electronix

Exclusive SMD NVX Install Contest!

A properly built ported box tuned to 30 would reach 25 with no problem, in my experience. Guys we won a pretty impressive sub from what I've been reading! If any of you come up with a good box design, I could use the help cuz with school I don't really have time to do all the math. I'm gonna start this weekend installing my amps, running my 1/0, etc. Gotta get it done when I get any free time and before it gets cold!

Get a garage heater! After my dumb ass tried to tint my windows last year in -5 degree polar vortex I decided a heater would help lol.

I'll cook something up. Im planning just a regular ported box and then eventually a bandpass?

I have a space heater for my garage, but with how its laid out and how old it is, it's really a losing battle trying to warm it up in there. I think I'll do the same as you and go with a regular ported box at first, then once time and funds allow, I'd love to build a 4th order for it and possibly get a second one. I didn't realize at first which sub it was and thought I would need at least a second one since my trunk is so huge on my car, but then I realized its NVX's big boy sub so I think it should get the job done quite nicely. I've always been partial to 12s too. My last setup was six 12in Rockford Fosgate HE2s and I absolutely LOVED that setup! People knew me just from my car/system and still to this day I have people stop me n say "hey aren't you the stereo guy that has that crazy sounding Chevy?" But anyways I'm really excited to get this sub and check it out in person. I don't remember seeing one at Slam this year, but its hard to say because I saw and heard so damn many setups that weekend. For now I'm gonna be running my Fusion 2000.1d which I know isn't a huge powerhouse, but it pushed my Sundown SA15 with authority,and it had enough that my buddy blew the sub by pushing it too hard. I figure it'll get me around 700-800 watts RMS which should be good for now. I'll be going easy on it for awhile until I can get another high output alt and some AGM batteries (my H/O alt ended up destroying itself due to the guy who installed my new motor being an idiot, and thus when it went it took my AGMs out with it) so now I'm running a decent alt on a pretty new stock location battery. Being in college and trying to get my life back together/back on my feet is hard. Winning this sub was a great motivator and morale boost though.

1989 Chevy Caprice Classic
350ci V8 High Performance

JVC Arsenal HU

JL XR series components

Infinity Reference 6x9s

Pioneer Premier 4-Channel

Clarion 2-Channel

Rockford Fosgate Series 1 2-Channel

Fusion 2000.1D

MTX Crossover

RF, Knu, Kicker, and Monster wiring

NVX VCW 12in. Sub **Won on here from the Sonic contest!**

*Build log coming soon!*

Starting all over pretty much which the gear listed...lost almost everything I had, including my life. Never take life and what's in it for granted.

Holy Sh*t! I can't believe I actually won a contest finally! I NEVER win these type of things! BIG BIG THANK YOU to Sonic and SMD/Steve for this awesome contest! I can't wait to get my hands on this baby! I have been trying to get motivation to get my build going and this was the boost I needed! Now I gotta find a good box design for this sub that'll get the best performance out of it. If any of the other winners have box design info, I would greatly appreciate any help I can get! And congrats to the other winners as well!

I guess that this will be the reason I post a build log finally. Its gonna be completely different than what I used to have, but life has run me through the ringer the past few years, so really I'm lucky to even have my car still. It'll be a "work with what ya got" build using what gear I've been able to gather while getting back on my feet and going to school. I think I"ll get started this weekend on getting wire ran, and maybe install the amps and some temp subs until I get my new NVX beast!

The optimum box is 1.75-2.75 cubic feet after displacement tuned to 34 HZ.

I am def going for the bigger size on the enclosure and around recommended tuning, maybe even a little higher for my vehicle. Any recommendations on port area? 12-14 per cube?

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Anyone get any shipping info? Lol.

Not yet. But since this is a freebie I can wait :) I doubt it is their #1 priority right now

LOL glad I was not the first person to ask! Not like we are impatient or anything lol, I was playing with Torres today and I think I have a decent enclosure design. I just have to measure my trunk and make a few tweaks and run it past the gurus

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12