Second Skin Audio

What is Fs?

afrakes

You generally want to tune your port as close as you can to the Fs.

No.....

Read past the first sentence. Like I said, you can't apply that to every situation, there are other parameters that can change that.

So now that I know what it means, what is the practical application of this information? Lower Fs, lower tuning? How do you use the Fs rating when designing an enclosure for a woofer?

You have to look at the whole parameter set. Somehow there's a perception that this parameter is the only thing you want to look at.

So now that I know what it means, what is the practical application of this information? Lower Fs, lower tuning? How do you use the Fs rating when designing an enclosure for a woofer?

You have to look at the whole parameter set. Somehow there's a perception that this parameter is the only thing you want to look at.

I agree, however I do realize That this isn't the only parameter that matters. I just figured because of how common it is suggested, that there could possibly be some misinformation being passed around. Just want to get my basics down on the things I hear about the most, then expand my horizon of knowledge from there. I appreciate all the input please keep it coming! The more tid bits of info I/we have the better educated we can all become!

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

I agree, however I do realize That this isn't the only parameter that matters. I just figured because of how common it is suggested, that there could possibly be some misinformation being passed around. Just want to get my basics down on the things I hear about the most, then expand my horizon of knowledge from there. I appreciate all the input please keep it coming! The more tid bits of info I/we have the better educated we can all become!
Joe X is the mayn at enclosures, so most deff ask him about any enclosure questions, he learned (lol) me alot about enclosures!

Awesome, I've always had good luck at designing/building my own and will continue to do so, I just want to learn as much as possible at this point. And have a full understanding as to WHY boxes perform well and vice versa when given a specific driver.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

Archived