Second Skin Audio

3 subs

I can get a net of at least 8 cubes but I will have to build in the trunk I'm just not sure how to do that how to I put screws in the bottom of the box when it's inside the trunk any tips on how to do it I guess I can put the bottom and sides together then the front and back and top of box I'm willing to do the work if it's possible to fit it in there

I can get a net of at least 8 cubes but I will have to build in the trunk I'm just not sure how to do that how to I put screws in the bottom of the box when it's inside the trunk any tips on how to do it I guess I can put the bottom and sides together then the front and back and top of box I'm willing to do the work if it's possible to fit it in there

The easiest/best way to attach the bottom to the sides is with a Kreg jig, pocket acres, and lots of glue. I'd recommend some type of polyurethane glue so it will seal up if everything isn't perfect.

Just so we all are on the same page, if you build the box in the trunk what are your max dimensions?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

So If I can net more than 7 cubes it will be ok?

It depends on the subs some need more space to work right than others, You seriously need to take careful measurements AND need 16.5" height to consider 15s. Post the dimensions measured over here.

You can easily do 2 15s on those dimensions, in fact a 17x36x30 box with 2 6" round ports will achieve 7.8 cubes net @33Hz (double layer baffle included) , you can pick any medium power subs that you like. To give you an idea, this is what it would look like:

2x15SFPF_zps061af789.jpg

The exact final dimensions will depend on the subs you pick, if you want to build outside next step is building a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside so that is guaranteed that the wood box will fit once built AND that the trunk lid will close after the box is in.

I think I would have to build in the trunk but I'm willing to do that I'm just waiting on some guy that wants to buy my subs so I can get the 15s. Now if I chose to do 4 12s instead how Many cubes and do you think I should do. And should I do 2 subs facing forward and 2 facing back or 2 facing back and maybe 1 on each side or would the 15s be louder?

Archived