Second Skin Audio

3 subs

I think I would have to build in the trunk but I'm willing to do that I'm just waiting on some guy that wants to buy my subs so I can get the 15s. Now if I chose to do 4 12s instead how Many cubes and do you think I should do. And should I do 2 subs facing forward and 2 facing back or 2 facing back and maybe 1 on each side or would the 15s be louder?

no 4 12s....

I think I would have to build in the trunk but I'm willing to do that I'm just waiting on some guy that wants to buy my subs so I can get the 15s. Now if I chose to do 4 12s instead how Many cubes and do you think I should do. And should I do 2 subs facing forward and 2 facing back or 2 facing back and maybe 1 on each side or would the 15s be louder?

2 good 15s can overtake 4 cheap 12s, installing subs in different directions can sometimes lead to cancellation issues, no point in risking it, 2 cool 15s can be unbearable if well setup, not to mention you only have to power two of them so less electrical costs. Whatever you do don't buy cheap junk, never worth it, you always end up upgrading again and again, a waste of time.

Soundqubed will need 8 cubes box so a little harder to work with, I would get SA-15s (7 cubes box can do perfectly and 2K power handling) or HDS315 if you want to go for a somewhat larger box (8 cubes 2.5K power handling). Your going to have a hard time building a big box so I believe that it's better to make sure it's worth it but anyways the lower end subs will also work in the same airspace.

It would be about 4 cubic feet net @34Hz with 60 square inches of port area with about 650W per driver, just to give you an idea, unless your box is way small or mistuned, bad port area or you have bad electrical or amp you should be getting about what they give, really nice sounding drivers but nothing serious to get loud.

Archived