Second Skin Audio

Help please (enclosure design)

magillaru

Need internal dimensions for a WALL with the port area for 2 Fi Team 15s on 10k. (a sketch would be awesome too!)

External dimensions: have plenty of room....not an issue! (F150 supercrew). Just need to know what W x H x L I need to reach to get to my desired net volume (below).

Net volume: 8 cubes (after all displacements: bracing from threaded rods)

Tuning: 32hz

Port area: 120 (was thinking 15 x 8 would be a good ratio)

Port placement: center

Port type: whatever works to meet net volume (likely 0 or 2 common wall)

***I have a mac so I can't easily DL torres. I tried using some "Wine" software that would allow me to install it but when I entered all the numbers into Torres, it wouldn't give me the specs (not sure why).

***I've been messing around with just sketching things out on paper and crunching numbers and the problem I'm running into is with the port length (it seems I'm going to have to bend the port to achieve desired port length with a shared enclosure......).

Any help would be much appreciated!

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

Yeah, would love to run 4 of those teams but it would've cost a lot more for the extra power and electrical. Planning on keeping all equipment in the cabin with subs on top of batts and amps to make use of the space and still have the truck bed.

Was thinking about going with the 18s but if I do upgrade in the future, I'd rather just add 2 more 15s (personal preference).

Even though it's only 2 15s, with less air space and the fact that these aren't your average 15s, it should still get loud.

I may just borrow a friends widows PC to see if that works. Like I said, I ran Torres through that software (called "wine") but it wasn't calculating the numbers I entered. So I'm not sure if it was the software or user error?? Haha

I'll post the max dimensions tomorrow. With the amount of space I have (which will be a lot for just the 2 15s), I'm just planning on having each side with a lot of layers so should be pretty strong. Haha

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

That's the issue, the wall will have a gigantic baffle (to be a wall) so with 8 cubes only, by default it would be thin, there will be ways around this but it will likely makes things more difficult than they need to be, like if you do it 4 layers all around it will be heavy, costly and difficult to build, I would just do a standard box but each to his own, on the software, Wine tries to run natively windows apps which leads many apps to fail due to limited compatibility, likely Torres fails due to the . net framework not running right or at all under wine. I believe you can get free virtual machines from vmware and oracle, if you are not able to get that windows pc.

I could just build the box and have it sitting under the window line (subs and port still firing forward) and make more of a beauty panel that would "wall" off the front and top making it look like it's a big box. This way still decreasing cabin air space around the sides.....

(OR just suck it up and order more subs, amps, and batteries!) haha

I'll try that other program. Thanks!

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

Joe X, what are your thoughts on the enclosure specs I listed for those subs and power (2 Fi Team 15s on ~10k)?

Trying to get as much input as I can get before I start this build.....Thanks!

EDIT: (so you don't have to scroll up: 8 cubes, 120 sq in of port area)

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

Archived