Sonic Electronix

How to wire Dual Voice sub, 2ohm vs 4 ohm

I've got this Alpine MRD-M300 mono amp. It apparently runs 150w @ 4 ohm & 300w @ 2ohm. I am looking to replace a JL sub that was a dual voice. I believe the sub came out of a oem enclosed box. I'm looking at a 10" sub. Now my question is Which configuration should i use, 4 ohm or 2 ohm? What kind of performance boost will i get doubling wattage? can i wire the sub 2ohm to 2ohm? or do i have to wire my 2ohm sub to 4ohm amp? I appreciate any help!

To Slide Sideways Or Not To Slide Sideways?

Head unit: Pioneer AVH-5000DVDSpeakers: 4 Pionner TS-G6842R Amplifier: Alpine MRD-300Subwoofers: 10" JL

I've got this Alpine MRD-M300 mono amp. It apparently runs 150w @ 4 ohm & 300w @ 2ohm. I am looking to replace a JL sub that was a dual voice. I believe the sub came out of a oem enclosed box. I'm looking at a 10" sub. Now my question is Which configuration should i use, 4 ohm or 2 ohm? What kind of performance boost will i get doubling wattage? can i wire the sub 2ohm to 2ohm? or do i have to wire my 2ohm sub to 4ohm amp? I appreciate any help!

A dvc sub wired at 2ohms then wired to the amp will have a final load of 2ohms, same goes for a dvc sub wired at 4ohms...

You have different types of ways to wire your sub depending on what the final load you want your sub(s) to be, series, parallel, and then series-parallel...

Thanks guys, i'll dig into it with the info you guys have given. I may have to stop by Steve's since he's close to me and buy a sub from him.

To Slide Sideways Or Not To Slide Sideways?

Head unit: Pioneer AVH-5000DVDSpeakers: 4 Pionner TS-G6842R Amplifier: Alpine MRD-300Subwoofers: 10" JL

Archived