Second Skin Audio

Help me decide on subwoofer size

Afficionado

To start off: A description of the situation

I have a Pontiac Grand am with a 240 Amp Mechman alt.
I will be getting 5x XS d3100 batteries

I will be getting a second T2500

I have a box built by me built into the trunk, sealed from the trunk.

I sold my X-12's and planned to buy Z v.4 12's to replace them.

I did some calculations and I would be able to fit 15's in a new box if i tore the old one out.

The 15's would have plenty of air space and the port would also be an adequate slot port.

My dilemma. My current box is already pretty efficient for these subs and staying with 12's would keep me in the class I want to be in.

I only compete a few times during the summer and my build is mostly for my enjoyment anyway.

I don't want to destroy my box because it does so well, but there is no way of taking it out of the car with out destroying it.

Building a new box is of course more money and more time and who knows if 2x 15's in a new box will be better than 2x 12's in my current box.

Any advice? Anything I left out?

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

My suggestion would be is to do what will make you happy. I know for a fact people always get "use" to their old system and end up upgrading trying to always get more deebeez. If you enjoy competing with the 12 keep the twelves. If you want to gain more experience and learn them build a new box and go with the 15's. You can't go wrong

It sounds like a new box would take away from the subwoofer budget, so i'd stick with 12's.

Doesn't effect the budget. I mean, it's more money, but i can swing it.

I mean...my wife isn't thrilled...but i can do it.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

It sounds like a new box would take away from the subwoofer budget, so i'd stick with 12's.

What's the budget on some new subs?

What's the budget on some new subs?

I've already decided 100% what I'm going to get for the type of subs.

I'm getting Sundown Z v.4's with NS coils.

There is a difference in price between the 12's and 15's, but it just means i'd have to save a little bit longer for the 15's, but not a crazy amount.

You did read where he's said he's getting 5 d3100's and another Rockford t2500 right? Guys that are dropping almost 2 g's just on Batts can usually afford whatever the hell sub they want.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived