My HU is killin my amp

I had that same head unit. The subwoofer RCA's went bad. Drove me crazy troubleshooting the issue, was the last thing I checked. Mine was making some weird 2 tone sound that was distorting my music. I just got a different head unit.

I'm a just buy another HU also.

Why not just put a relay on the remote turn on wire? The HU can't "send" too much power down that wire and make it hot to the touch, the amps dictate the draw.

Static drops are my bag.

The higher your pre-out voltage, the lower you gains will be, the remote wire provides a signal for the amps to turn on nothing more, you should be fine with the three amps on it, more than that i'd suggest using a relay to split the remote-on, re-tune your amps and try again...

Just got my car back from the local audio shop he looked at it while I was at work. He said the Pioneer Harness was damaged replaced it and he put a relay on it and replaced the 18guage wire with 16guage wire. He says he doesn't know what caused it but if it happens again bring it back.

The remote wires on a deck only have the ability to support up to about 500ma. Over exceed that and it can fry the circuitry. When that gets fried anything can happen.

As for rcas on a pioneer deck, the biggest i own issue is the pico fuse. It pops and you get noise through the rcas. Besides that I have never heard of any other issue with rcas on a pioneer.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Yeah I've had the pico fuse blow once I just took some wire looped it around the rca's until I could have free time to take it to my audio guy. Really thinking about getting the 80PRS.

Yeah I've had the pico fuse blow once I just took some wire looped it around the rca's until I could have free time to take it to my audio guy. Really thinking about getting the 80PRS.

Archived