Sonic Electronix

.5 for a daily is not recommended unless you are a seasoned vet who knows the risks and has proper electrical, usually not .5 daily though.

1 ohm is the lowest I'd go in my builds, I have done .5 for testing. Not that I think my amps can't handle it but simply because the stress and extra heat generated by the amp are not worth 1-2 tenth more on the meter.

Plus your electrical is not up to par, run at 2 ohms till you get decent electrical and find some dual 1ohm or dual 4ohm subs.

Upgrade your alt to biggest you can get: DC, Mechman, Singer. All good brands, DC charges a bit more but mine have never let me down. Singer and Mechman are very solid choices as well

As for batteries, a big Group 31 will do fine with 2000watts and a big alt to charge it, XS, Crescendo, Kinketik etc

Always overdo your electrical, people overlook that

you will gain more than 1-2 tenths going from 1 ohm to half.... try 1 to 1.5db.....

Also OP, I'm going to go against the general concensus and say do it

. What I forsee happening is your voltage will drop below battery resting voltage and you won't be able to play or demo for very long.

Worst case the amp's protection circuit (impedance or thermal) won't kick in when needed and you'll pop the amp. But the chances of that happening are slim if you're smart.

If something is hot: turn it down. If something smells: turn it down. Etc.

IMO if you're running an amp at 1 ohm you are not getting your money's worth. Yeah 90% of people won't agree with me but I'm just going off of personal experience.

I agree to an extent. Let's say if you are below 150dB you'll gain more than if you were above 150dB. Past 153dB you're usually gaining in small increments unless your pockets are deep or you are a master designer

The L@zy Hoe

2005 Chevy Tahoe

2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s

Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works

The Build Log

Like Loud Bass? Click Here!

On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said:

See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on.

On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said:

I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!

.5 for a daily is not recommended unless you are a seasoned vet who knows the risks and has proper electrical, usually not .5 daily though.

1 ohm is the lowest I'd go in my builds, I have done .5 for testing. Not that I think my amps can't handle it but simply because the stress and extra heat generated by the amp are not worth 1-2 tenth more on the meter.

Plus your electrical is not up to par, run at 2 ohms till you get decent electrical and find some dual 1ohm or dual 4ohm subs.

Upgrade your alt to biggest you can get: DC, Mechman, Singer. All good brands, DC charges a bit more but mine have never let me down. Singer and Mechman are very solid choices as well

As for batteries, a big Group 31 will do fine with 2000watts and a big alt to charge it, XS, Crescendo, Kinketik etc

you will gain more than 1-2 tenths going from 1 ohm to half.... try 1 to 1.5db.....

. What I forsee happening is your voltage will drop below battery resting voltage and you won't be able to play or demo for very long.

Worst case the amp's protection circuit (impedance or thermal) won't kick in when needed and you'll pop the amp. But the chances of that happening are slim if you're smart.

IMO if you're running an amp at 1 ohm you are not getting your money's worth. Yeah 90% of people won't agree with me but I'm just going off of personal experience.

I agree to an extent. Let's say if you are below 150dB you'll gain more than if you were above 150dB. Past 153dB you're usually gaining in small increments unless your pockets are deep or you are a master designer

Not really true lol.

33y2914.jpg

Team Subsonic Lows

Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch

Man....it makes a nice work bench ;)

Not really true lol.

Drop some knowledge on us, why is that not true?

The L@zy Hoe

2005 Chevy Tahoe

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

The Build Log

Silvarado over here, in houston, went from 53.5 to 55 flat by wiring down and adding more electrical to handle it.

I stand corrected, Are we talking about Travis? wait...I think his name is Travis...might not be though

The L@zy Hoe

2005 Chevy Tahoe

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

The Build Log

Silvarado over here, in houston, went from 53.5 to 55 flat by wiring down and adding more electrical to handle it.

So he gained a 1.5 db from electrical upgrades and wiring down... Op doesn't have the electrical. Say he would drop to 11.8v wired @ 1ohms. Wire doe to .5 and drop to 10.5. What he could have gained by dropping doe went out the window with voltage drop.

If you can manage to keep voltage at the same point or higher with wiring down I could see a gain. If dropping voltage more and faster your hurting yourself. Would gave been better to do the big 3 and upgraded stock Bart to an agm.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

No, Chad. bagged on 24's - Travis I belive did also, and gained.

Chad, sounds familiar...BTW Nov 2nd, Dip Tex

The L@zy Hoe

2005 Chevy Tahoe

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

The Build Log

No, Chad. bagged on 24's - Travis I belive did also, and gained.

Chad, sounds familiar...BTW Nov 2nd, Dip Tex

Zebra print wall with the SA 15s?

The L@zy Hoe

2005 Chevy Tahoe

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

The Build Log

Archived