Hope this is not a repeat question about fiberglassing

It's going to be tough to wrap that with fabric

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Sending you a PM

I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

You could spot weld the fabric with a hot glue gun or just staple it.

oh lawd.

You could spot weld the fabric with a hot glue gun or just staple it.

true we will see when i get that far.. blah need the doors some what in before it gets too cold out, if its still half way done un till spring its half way done i guess lol

Or you could do the foil method...shove foil in the gaps and lay bondo over it, the foil takes up space so you don't use to much filler

the front the gaps i was going to shoot liquid nail in there or some thing like that so i don't use much of bondo

• 2 weeks later...

Interested to see how this turns out. That's going to be a lot of body filler and sanding. Did you use a layer of stretch fabric? It looks like mat just draped from surface to surface, but I am not sure.

-Mark

Host of "CarAudioFabrication" - YouTube Car Audio Tutorial Channel

Forum.png

Check out my forum section here on SMD for my builds and tutorial videos!

Subscribe on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/CarAudioFabrication

Interested to see how this turns out. That's going to be a lot of body filler and sanding. Did you use a layer of stretch fabric? It looks like mat just draped from surface to surface, but I am not sure.

just mat.. i watched your vids after the fact so i put it in as it sits so i have music and when it gets warm again i will redo it some how.. it is sticking to the plastic somewhat and the rings are hot glued pretty good to the plastic

Archived