Second Skin Audio

re audio xxx enclosure help

loudmini96

Ok, I can get my hands on a sundown saz-3500. With that being said, what would be a good size enclosure for this woofer tuned to around 30hz also how much port area do they need?

You can always run your amp to lower power if you have it already, keep it, what you want to do is increase cone area, if you already have the sub, get another one or different ones, post max dimensions for a box to see what can be fit, massive abuse of your equipment will just leave you with a pile of burnt stuff.

You can always run your amp to lower power if you have it already, keep it, what you want to do is increase cone area, if you already have the sub, get another one or different ones, post max dimensions for a box to see what can be fit, massive abuse of your equipment will just leave you with a pile of burnt stuff.

Ok Joe x, so if I was to come across another one, how much cu. ft. Per sub would you say would be good running at around 30hz?

The subs have a large linear excursion so you may do a bigger than recommended box without bottoming out easily, those subs if I remember right don't tolerate anything more than mild overpowering though so I would keep around rated power, for port area around 45 square inches should be enough based on rated power and a 30 - 32Hz tuning.

Now doing a large box gets you louder for a given power at a cost of some sound quality and musicality , if you don't care about sound quality at all, just top dB do the larger box if you want, if your vehicle has a smaller cabin I would recommend higher tuning or you probably are not going to be very musical, those 28Hz guys usually just play slowed stuff and such.

Archived