First Big Build: F150, 2 Fi Team 15s, AB 1100.1, Singer Alt and More

Oh and if you are just doing seal panels and not hard mounting you may want to used some closed cell foam like luxury liner or something anywhere it is close to the body. Ive had flex actually vibrate on the seal offs if it wasn't attached to the body with fiberglass or epoxy.

I totally missed this build. Love it! Really dig the paint job on the enclosure.

Sealing it off should make a huge difference! Haven't done one yet that it wasn't night and day.

Thanks! This entire build was a first for everything so I'm definitely pleased with how it's coming along.

That's what I'm hoping for! haha It's not that I don't like how it sounds now but I'm losing a ton of pressure with all the open space behind. Hoping to get it metered before the it gets sealed off so I can see the difference other than the ear-o-meter.

Oh and if you are just doing seal panels and not hard mounting you may want to used some closed cell foam like luxury liner or something anywhere it is close to the body. Ive had flex actually vibrate on the seal offs if it wasn't attached to the body with fiberglass or epoxy.

I was thinking about using the thick insulation tubing on all the edges. Make the cuts as close as I can and then attach the foam on the edges before I install the panels to get a nice tight fit.

I also have an idea for the top panel.....need to figure a few things out first though!

looks damn nice.....

Thanks man!

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

Yep that will work well. For making contours I use Gear Tie by Nite Ize. You can get a 2 pack of 32" for like $6 at home depot. They bend in pretty tight and easily but stiff enough they hold their shape for tracing out. I like it a lot better than cutting up a 100 carboard pieces.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Nite-Ize-Gear-Tie-32-Lime-2-Pack-GT32-2PK-17/203211059

Yep that will work well. For making contours I use Gear Tie by Nite Ize. You can get a 2 pack of 32" for like $6 at home depot. They bend in pretty tight and easily but stiff enough they hold their shape for tracing out. I like it a lot better than cutting up a 100 carboard pieces.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Nite-Ize-Gear-Tie-32-Lime-2-Pack-GT32-2PK-17/203211059

Shit man! Great idea! I've been dreading that part.....thanks!

If I end up doing the foam around the edges, I was also planning on laying down some fiberglass to keep it strong and keep it looking nice......never worked with fiberglass before.....do you think that would work?

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

No problem. I looked forever for something like that and never could find anything. Happened to come across it one day at the depot and was like damn! That's what I need!

Fiberglass should work well too. I used both chop mat and 8oz twill. The smd sunglass is more expensive than normal resin but I can't say enough good things about it. Low smell, no rush in application, lays on smooth and obviously the best part is how fast it sets up. Using a UV light it cured in about 15min in the dead of winter. About half that in summer. If it has actual sunlight it's within a few minutes it is cured. Also don't have to worry with getting the mekp right either. Not trying to sound like a commercial but that's all I use now lol.

Archived