First Big Build: F150, 2 Fi Team 15s, AB 1100.1, Singer Alt and More

No problem. I looked forever for something like that and never could find anything. Happened to come across it one day at the depot and was like damn! That's what I need!

Fiberglass should work well too. I used both chop mat and 8oz twill. The smd sunglass is more expensive than normal resin but I can't say enough good things about it. Low smell, no rush in application, lays on smooth and obviously the best part is how fast it sets up. Using a UV light it cured in about 15min in the dead of winter. About half that in summer. If it has actual sunlight it's within a few minutes it is cured. Also don't have to worry with getting the mekp right either. Not trying to sound like a commercial but that's all I use now lol.

Damn, it's double the price....might be worth it though and I wouldn't need a ton of it......could probably get away with one qt.

Sick build man. Another bangin Ford.

Love the build... Taking notes

Thanks fellas!

You may want to check those notes before you apply em' to your own build......I'm just learning as I go haha

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

Yep its expensive. But being that it doesn't cure with mekp there is zero waste. I've had the sunflash in a cup for 3 days and kept using it. All you have to do is cover it and keep it out of the sun.

It goes a long way so a qt should do it for you. I buy it by the gallon because it's more or less the price of 3 qts.

And it would be fine to put the mat and glass over the foam insulation?

Hmm, haven't tried it on the foam before. I believe I have a piece I can test for you if you'd like. Might not be until this weekend tho.

It's cool man.....don't waste any of your materials.....just trying to think of ideas to keep the interior stock but also seal everything off and keep it looking clean.

I'm going to get the main panels up by Saturday just to test before I put time into painting everything and completely sealing off the edges.....stay tuned for pics and vids!

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

love this build. Looking better and better.

01 Suburban Z71 - 5.3L - Black - 6" Lift on 35's - Pioneer H/U - Kicker Mids, 8" Polk sub.

Past rides-

07 Avalanche - Sunburst Orange - 4/6 Drop - Pioneer AVH-X5600 - 2/0 Royal Excelene - T/M fuse blocks - Stock and Singer 350 Alts - 4 Kinetik 1800 - Crecsendo BC5500 & S800.4 amps - 2 Tantric HDD 18's.- RE XXX 6.5 comps

01 Grand Vitara - V6 - 4x4 - Pioneer H/U - Incriminator 6.5 Comps - SSA XCON 18 - Skar 1500.1 & 84.4 amps - Singer 160 Alternator - Optima Yellow top..

It would look so much better with two more 15s up top.....

haha- easy to do...get to it!

01 Suburban Z71 - 5.3L - Black - 6" Lift on 35's - Pioneer H/U - Kicker Mids, 8" Polk sub.

Past rides-

07 Avalanche - Sunburst Orange - 4/6 Drop - Pioneer AVH-X5600 - 2/0 Royal Excelene - T/M fuse blocks - Stock and Singer 350 Alts - 4 Kinetik 1800 - Crecsendo BC5500 & S800.4 amps - 2 Tantric HDD 18's.- RE XXX 6.5 comps

01 Grand Vitara - V6 - 4x4 - Pioneer H/U - Incriminator 6.5 Comps - SSA XCON 18 - Skar 1500.1 & 84.4 amps - Singer 160 Alternator - Optima Yellow top..

Archived