Voltage drops quickly then returns to 14.4

Lessons the hard way my friend. We have all been there. And ya its way better to do research and do your own work than have others do it it for you. You never really know what they have done or what corners they have cut.

Then when there is issues you can go right to the spot you think it might be when you do all the install yourself.

yep. i been putting a lot of my old equipment in my frinds civic after he saw how i did mine. i really decided to do it myself after i couldnt find a shop that used a dd1 or scope. i don't have one, but i also have my gains set low just to be safe until i get one for xmas. and id rather it be my fault that i blew something, instead of dealing with some asshole at a shop blaming it on me when they set it up. I have no idea why EVERY shop doesnt set gains with dd1 or a scope. I mean wtf. I'm still gathering tools and learning, but its way more fun to do it yourself i've learned.

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

Cool! IMO every shop should have a way to set the gains properly rather than the ear-o-meter. Hell even shops here in Alaska set them with a scope or DD-1. When you get the DD-1 it will be one of the best tools you'll ever own. That and large gauge wire crimpers. You can have both for about $200 these days.

Got my dd1 $50 used I've seen them on here for under 100 used.

Didn't see anyone point it out but you said you don't have an upgraded alt to battery power wire?

If that alt was putting out rated amperage the stock 8-6guage wire could easily burn up. Just saying...

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Surprised no one seen his comment of his ground being on the frame but hasnt removed the paint yet??? Wtf???

05 dodge magnum rt

DEH-80PRS

Rockford fosgate T600.4

st200 tweeters

Sundown Neo Pro 6.5 v2's

2 Saz-3500v2- Toolmaker dual 1/0 inputs

2 Sundown ZV4 12" D1

1/0 Sky High Power wire OFC

3 XS D3100- Toolmaker battery terminals

Mechman 320 Amp Alt

Smd Voltmeter

KnuKoncept 1/0 OFC

Surprised no one seen his comment of his ground being on the frame but hasnt removed the paint yet??? Wtf???

I saw him mention it so I'm going to guess he already knows he needs to address that.

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Doesnt a bad ground increase voltage drop? Kind of like nit taking paint off for a ground. Thought people learned electricity goes through metel not paint. 2nd time I see this this week. Seen this on car audio advice also. Tried helping the guy and he would just b2tch and name calling. Ended up leaving that facebook group after that.. so many dumb people who dont want to take advice. Not saying the same with OP. Just dont see how people leave paint on doing a groubd wire. Seriously

05 dodge magnum rt

DEH-80PRS

Rockford fosgate T600.4

st200 tweeters

Sundown Neo Pro 6.5 v2's

2 Saz-3500v2- Toolmaker dual 1/0 inputs

2 Sundown ZV4 12" D1

1/0 Sky High Power wire OFC

3 XS D3100- Toolmaker battery terminals

Mechman 320 Amp Alt

Smd Voltmeter

KnuKoncept 1/0 OFC