Voltage drops quickly then returns to 14.4

Hey, My voltage drops down to around 13.2, sometimes 12.5 when im banging hard at idle. I read somewhere that immediate voltage drops are due to a bad ground, and that a slow voltage drop is a little more normal if the grounds are good. is this true? should i redo my grounds?

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

what alternator do you have. how many batteries do you have. what wire do you have?

it all depends. shitty alternator will drop quick. loose wire will cause it. bad batteries will too. too much amp for too little electrical.

Not always. In my case my engine bogs down enough to be right at the edge of the alternators turn on point. So while driving I don't see any lower than 14.0 and while at idle I'll see 12.8 real quick like.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

When I still had my 1500.1bdcp installed with stock elect 0guage front to back and solid grounds I would get sudden volt drop. Could go from 14.8 down to 11.8 and back in a blink of an eye.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Mine will do that too at idle and while driving depending on the song. Some I can play near full tilt while others I can't even play at 50% without it instantly dropping to 12.2-12.5.

Saz-2000d stock alt and stock battery. Big three isn't done either yet.

Waiting on my mechman 250a elite series alternator.

My amp is grounded to my rear seat bracket. I think it's my lack of power rather then the ground.

Syphlyns 2000 F150 4.6L V8

H/U: Kendwood KDC-X898

Speakers: 4 x Alpine SPR-68 Speakers

4 Channel Amp: Alpine PDX-F4

Sub: Sundown Zv4 12

Sub Amp: Sundown SAZ-2000D

Box: 2.75 Cu Ft @ 31Hz

Alternator: Mechman 250A elite series

Wiring: All KnuKoncepz 0 gauge OFC + KnuKonceptz Krystal RCAs

I got a 250 amp alt. Not a singer or mechman. i forget what company. I got a d3400 up front, and 0 gauge all the way around. big 3 was done, but i had to take out the alt to batt wire because i didnt have terminals with enough inputs, However i just ordered some from CNF and can't wait to get em! Got a 1200/1 pushin the subs, gonna add my xp3000 when i get another 1200/1.

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

if you cant remember the name chances are its a shitty alt.. when you get the good shit you never forget.. you said it all when you said its not mechman or singer. not unless its DC

how did you ground the rear ground to the amp? if you have no rear battery you are drawing all the amperage through a run of 0 gauge.. even if its rated at 300a per 20 feet you can notice the difference with more runs.. more runs help when you have no battery bank in the rear.

Archived