oldschoolaudio Posted November 3, 2014 Report Posted November 3, 2014 I know that bass is non-directional, but I'm trying to decide if I need to face the box up or back. I was thinking up since this is a grocery getter. ?
MeenGreenAudio Posted November 3, 2014 Report Posted November 3, 2014 sub back was always louder in my suburban what is the year and do u have 3rd row in or out Build Log 1996 chevy suburban 2 zv4 15 kenwood excelon mids and tweeters kenwood excelon deck mevhman 370 3 batts all different mechman avmb II 2 inch squat 33 inch muds straight pipes kixker zx series 4ch sundown amps memphis 0 gauge soon to be fu audio c pillar wall
oldschoolaudio Posted November 3, 2014 Author Report Posted November 3, 2014 '97. 3rd still in for the kiddos. Just trying to protect the woofer when stuff is loaded.
noobslayer77 Posted November 3, 2014 Report Posted November 3, 2014 all the suburbans i've been in have port back. All 2 lol. you could spend 20 bucks on a subwoofer grille if you aren't willing to compromise a little loudness by facing it upwards. In some vehicles its negligible. But in my jeep i notice more bass when the subs and port face the trunk. Same with my buddies type r in his subaru. Diff vehicles tho. See what u like better, then make a decision. Subwoofer grille will protect your driver when u loud the trunk with groceries. What size is the box and woofer? 2004 Jeep Liberty Limited 2 13w7s skar 3500 cnf mids (soon) xs batteries
jk13 Posted November 3, 2014 Report Posted November 3, 2014 Sub up port back is the GM SUV standby according to the internets. But the real answer is experiment. If it doesn't work as well one way, turn it the other. Static drops are my bag.
PSD POWER007 Posted November 3, 2014 Report Posted November 3, 2014 I run subs up port back in my Excursion.
Tecomah Posted November 3, 2014 Report Posted November 3, 2014 I run subs up port back in my Excursion. I did the same In my excursion when I ran a street box 750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY Team Subsonic Lows
PSD POWER007 Posted November 3, 2014 Report Posted November 3, 2014 I ran subs up port up and subs back and port back, and subs up port back by far sounded best with my set up. A great Joe X box design!!
Jeff4661 Posted November 4, 2014 Report Posted November 4, 2014 I have a 05 yukon and I've run about 6 different boxes with different port/sub placement and I've found that sub up port back is by far the loudest.. if Ur worried about scuffs an what not I'd definitely say buy or (build) subwoofer grills .. Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.