dventurino412 Posted November 3, 2014 Report Posted November 3, 2014 I have a GMC envoy 05 and there is Bose system with 4 door speakers and 2 tweeters on dash. I want to rip everything out and replace with new door speakers and tweeters hopefully on a 4-channel. How would I come about doing this since Bose has an amp itself for its system?
hazestorm23 Posted November 3, 2014 Report Posted November 3, 2014 You just don't use the stock amp because most of the time bose uses different ohm loads. So just run new speakers with another amp.
dventurino412 Posted November 3, 2014 Author Report Posted November 3, 2014 alright I got it know just don't know how ill tie everything together into the deck
jk13 Posted November 3, 2014 Report Posted November 3, 2014 I wouldn't try to use the stock Bose deck. If you are going that far invest a couple more dollars into an aftermarket HU. Bose has some eq'ing built into their stuff to make their speakers sound better, and tuning it out will cost more than even a good HU will. The other concern is matching input voltages to your aftermarket amp. Some Bose HU have hi-volt into their amps, some have very low. Which aftermarket amp you are running and how much voltage it will take on the inputs will determine whether you need to keep the Bose amp and tie in after it, or lose it and tie in directly to the HU. Static drops are my bag.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.