Second Skin Audio

Dual 12" American Bass XFL Aero-Port Enclosure...Pls Help

BRodgers

schedule 40 6 and 8 inch PVC should be available at any commercial plumbing suppy stores(such as Locke Supply).

Hair dryer isn't near hot enough, heat gun can work, but the best, in my opinion, is a small torch.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Make sure that your seal off is not leaking, your box looks ok but can be done more efficient no doubt and don't know how's your bracing inside (maybe pics of the whole setup?). Have you metered? RTA? any numbers?

image_zps5cf35415.jpg

box01_zps8d406def.jpg

IMG_1565_zpsbf431dab.jpg

IMG_1562_zps062c308f.jpg

IMG_1765_zpsc5480e63.jpg

2001 Dodge Intrepid R/T

2 American Bass XFL 12's

American Bass VFL 150.1

Exide Group 31 AGM

Big 3 1/0 Bullz Audio

You can do a few tweaks and gain from them, port area is somewhat low and net vol could be improved, you could do aeros and improve also, could up tuning a bit to 35Hz, you may gain a few dBs at most, if that's all you want you will get it, if you want to double your output on tweaks don't think it's happening at least for a daily type of setup nice on music, if you want vast improvement you will need to move to other equipment, honestly a couple of 19mm xmax subs can't do it all. If your seal off is good opening your trunk will result in no changes in output in the cabin.

the last 5 boxes I've done I've wanted to use 6 or 8inch pvc. in my area its just not around. the one place that i could get 8inch from was a 3 ring circus to get it. they needed to special order it, it Was $55 for the full section, plus shipping and they said they wouldn't cut it Down for me. I'm not spending almost $100 bucks when i can get a psycho port. i just went with sono instead.

I'm sure not all areas are like mine. but here its almost impossible

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Around here it's not too hard to get it, the 90 elbows are the expensive parts though. $38 a piece for 90 degree 6 inch elbows. 20ft of schedule 40 6 inch is only $20 here.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

I can get an 8" Sono Tube in a 4 foot length for $5 at Menards. I went out and checked today. Joe If I were to completely re-do my box and I went for 4.5^ft to 5^ft and used a single 8" Sonotube and could get it tuned to 33hz would that be more efficient and would I gain db's over my current box do you think?

I know the sealed off trunk sounds the smae with trunk open or closed so I know that's a good seal.

2001 Dodge Intrepid R/T

2 American Bass XFL 12's

American Bass VFL 150.1

Exide Group 31 AGM

Big 3 1/0 Bullz Audio

I would go for psychoports or PSP ports, flares are really important to round port performance. Also you should have good clearance of the port to the backwall, around 1 diameter, if you go below that you will need to test for choking. On the net volume I would need to get back to you on how much you can do without inflicting damage, have you clamped the amp? are you upgrading power later? YES you can gain over what you have now but as before, likely a moderate gain.

I haven't clamped the amp or tested the db's on a meter. It's pretty wicked already just trying to get the most out of them as possible.

I have an Exide Agm group 31 and the big three done with Bullz audio 1/0 gauge

2001 Dodge Intrepid R/T

2 American Bass XFL 12's

American Bass VFL 150.1

Exide Group 31 AGM

Big 3 1/0 Bullz Audio

sonotube aren't.that hard to flare. only thing is you need to cut the hole in your front baffle then mount the tube flare both ends then mount to the box. 2 heat Lamps some fiber glasd and paint. not much money or work.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff