Second Skin Audio

Huge Box transformation

I have a box that is 49" x 19.75" x 20.75". Big as fuck and only have 2 pioneer tsw2000 subs. I want to turn it into either a 4th order with sealed 3 cubes and ported about 5.5, a triple chambered 6th order, or a tline. What would you say?

<p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone

Vented or sealed.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Sealed or vented? What do you mean? I just have an open box right now

<p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone

turning old boxes into new boxes is rarely a good idea

pretty sure krakin is suggesting that if you make changes to the box you will want it either sealed or ported

do a few searches on those subs to see what designs they like, i would advise but having never used them before i would be guessing

pics would help greatly with this. and i think krakin is asking if the original box is vented or sealed. a large sealed box is a whole lot easier to turn into something then a ported. but who knows im not krakin lol

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

If you don't know what a sealed or vented/ported box then you shouldn't do anything else.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Im not asking what a sealed or vented box means bruh. If i know what a 4th 6th order and a tline is how wouldnt i know a sealed or ported. You trippin.. But the original box was a sealed box. I just removed the side with the sub holes and now just basically have a casket. How do i put pics on here because i been wanting to know how in a thread

upload to imgur and use the little picture icon above your reply box, paste link and bam!

now what you're describing doesn't sound impossible, just like more work than building from scratch haha t line would be very complicated without setting it's own starting dimensions, but i suppose a 4th/6th order could be accomplished

easiest of all, however, would be building a new front baffle, to hold subs and port, then attaching this to your "casket" haha

make sure to research those subs tho, find the user manual online and see what air space they like before jumping into anything

Right. Thats what i was thinking about the baffle. Just cut two holes and build a port.

Archived