Sundown Audio

Need some help finding the right amp

zagfuchs

So I decided to start a new thread since it has been established that my original idea is not plausible. I need help finding the right amp for my subs. I am powering a pair of Kicker 07CVR122 subs. They are in a ported box, I believe it's tuned in the high 30's and the box is a little smaller than recommended, but it's all I got right now. Will be building a different box for them in the future, but that is another thread all together. Anyways, the manual for the subs says they will handle 400 rms, but it also says for a ported it recommends 300 rms. I also have read a lot about the subs being able to handle more than 400 rms without problems. The subs are dual 2-ohm. So I believe I am looking at needing an amp that does 600-1000 watts at 2-ohms. Looking to spend about 250-300 dollars. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated. I had forgotten all about Soundqubed, I have been looking at those amps since it was Audioque and have always liked them. I think I am leaning more towards the Soundqubed. The RF looks nice, but I dont like how the amp requires the in-line fuse and I am not a fan of having all the connections on the same side. I think the Soundqubed is my top choice right now, thanks again.

Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated. I had forgotten all about Soundqubed, I have been looking at those amps since it was Audioque and have always liked them. I think I am leaning more towards the Soundqubed. The RF looks nice, but I dont like how the amp requires the in-line fuse and I am not a fan of having all the connections on the same side. I think the Soundqubed is my top choice right now, thanks again.

The soundqubed amp requires a fuse to at the battery. I got a SQ 2200 right now and love it... But I've also loved every RF amp I've owned and there has been many.

Even Rockfords lowest line does rated, so you really can't go wrong with either company IMO.

Every amp should be wired with a fuse at/near the battery, this is important.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Regardless of what you are hooking up, any wire that touches the battery + terminal should be fused with an appropriate size fuse. This is one of the top, if not the number one rule in car audio IMO.

Thanks for the feedback. Although when I said I don't like how the amp requires the in-line fuse, I was referring to the fact that the amp doesn't have a built in fuse. I just like the idea of the amp having the feature of a built in fuse as another failsafe. I already have an in-line fuse up front and plan to add another to the back after getting an extra battery. That is why I like the feature because I only had the one fuse up front. I guess maybe once I have the extra fuse and battery in the back, the built in fuse might not be as important of a feature. It's a tough decision between these two amps.

Archived