Need opinion put NEW XS d3400 under hood or in back??

So if you seen any of my posts from 2 months ago you know i was having major voltage issues and i had so many questions that it was annoying lol.

Anywayss i ended up buring up my stock alternator on my 1994 nissan altima with 62k miles. bought a used on on ebay for 50bucks threw it in (while the battery was dead well at like 9volts) and ended up burning up the alternator within 5min cause it overworked it self trying to charge the battery (while idoling, heard it woulda been fine if i drove to charge it up) so i went to napa and got a rebuild one for 140$ and did it the right way!

And wow did it make a huge difference in my voltage drop holly shit! helped so much you guys on here should always recommend a rebuild alternator for people with older cars that either cant find a H0 or cant afford it. mechman alts said they wouldnt be able to build me one but singer alts said they would for 500$ which i dont have right now.

So i just got approved for 750$ line of credit on paypal and bought a D3400 xs power battery! so excited. im planning on putting it under the hood because i feel like its an extremely powerful battery for my system. actual watts im pushing is probly about 1400-1800 with sub and speaker amp when turned up all the way and the battery is good for 3000watt systems.

the battery i have under the hood right now is stock and rated at 550 cranking amps (not sure on the max amps) xs d3400 is rated at 1000 Cranking amps and 3100 max amps....... how much more beneficial would it be to wire as a secondary battery.

Honestly latley i have found myself cranking it up less and less the longer i have my system. the longest i have it play loud is for 20min periods. would this battery be able to sustain this way better that my current battery when its hooked up under the hood.

also 1 quick thing my alt is rated at 80 amps and i have done the big 3 and have OFC 1/0 gauge now as well

ORION HCCA 10.4 2000 watts RMS 4000 watts max

hifonics brutus 2600 bxi

Alpine IDA -305 Digital receiver

0 gauge power wire 250 amp fuse

800 watt BUTTKICKER BASS SHAKER

Kicker zx-400 amp to power buttkicker

THANKS! also should i buy a trickle charger for it . if so why and would i be good without for a few months or forever. like i said a lot of the time my gf is in the car with me and ill only have my sub on 1/4th power so wouldnt that be plenty of time for my alt to keep the battery topped off?

hifonics brutus 2600 bxi

i used the same sub as your description in my last build. if you drive the car daily you don't need to trickle it i never did when i used that bat. I also used a mike singer alt though that sub draws allot of power.

i think ill put under hood till this summer when i can afford to get a big battery for under hood and the back unless anyone thinks i wont need to . im not planning on upgrading to anything more wattss really

hifonics brutus 2600 bxi

i used the same sub as your description in my last build. if you drive the car daily you don't need to trickle it i never did when i used that bat. I also used a mike singer alt though that sub draws allot of power.

Subs don't draw power. Amps draw power. Amps push power into a sub. Subs don't do anything but what they're told by the amplifiers signal going in. Drawing/pulling power isn't one of those things ever

Subs don't draw power. Amps draw power. Amps push power into a sub. Subs don't do anything but what they're told by the amplifiers signal going in. Drawing/pulling power isn't one of those things ever

the sub take's allot of power to feed but thanks for breaking it down tips i would have been totally lost with out you. -take's a gold star star out and puts it on your sheet-

the sub take's allot of power to feed but thanks for breaking it down tips i would have been totally lost with out you. -take's a gold star star out and puts it on your sheet-

You+sarcasm=Fail

Archived