greg4510 Posted November 7, 2014 Report Posted November 7, 2014 hey guys doing another build for a friend. I have 2 American bass xfl 12s on a soundqubed 2200.1 I have a max of 15 inches high about 38 inches wide and like 24 inches deep. im looking for a nice box tuned at about 34 but im stuck on how much cu ft and sq in of port to do. any help would be great
Joe X Posted November 8, 2014 Report Posted November 8, 2014 So here is a suggestion for a trunk car, power: 2.2K to the pair, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 5 5/8", figure is just an assembly guide, bracing is 1 1/4" wooden dowel rods. NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.
greg4510 Posted November 8, 2014 Author Report Posted November 8, 2014 thanks joe x. I have seen a few people say on here that porting on 1 side causes unloading problems compared to middle porting between the subs. is there really a difference between the 2?
Joe X Posted November 9, 2014 Report Posted November 9, 2014 When the box can be deep enough and the inner end of the port is therefore far from the subs, you won't experience issues and the port on the side is usually more efficient than the port in the middle if it needs to turn at least, the port in the middle may do a better job if you are firing forward and there's significant car bracing on the sides and not in the middle, so there are some general infos, no issue changing the above to port in the middle if preferred that.
greg4510 Posted November 9, 2014 Author Report Posted November 9, 2014 ok just asking I guess. what if I were to use4 inch aero ports instead how many would I need
Joe X Posted November 9, 2014 Report Posted November 9, 2014 Around 50+ square inches of round port area would likely work ok (flared ports) any way you can reach it for that 34 Hz tuning, if feasible it would be a mess to build properly.
greg4510 Posted November 9, 2014 Author Report Posted November 9, 2014 hey thanks for all your help. I see a lot of your deigns on here they look awesome
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.