rsfm089 Posted November 9, 2014 Report Posted November 9, 2014 Is building a box for a truck like building a box for a car or are there other things to take into consideration. I would like to build a box for two hdc3 12's ran off an aq2200. I can get measurements if I know which ones I need
Aj11 Posted November 9, 2014 Report Posted November 9, 2014 um..., yes. its pretty much the same as building for a trunk. but power and cone area will determine where your port will be. list the space you have to work with. im guessing its a ext cab trunk, your removing your rear seats and want to stay under the window line? jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
Joe X Posted November 9, 2014 Report Posted November 9, 2014 Sub / port aimings may be different in a truck. For example you often can do subs up in a truck.
rsfm089 Posted November 9, 2014 Author Report Posted November 9, 2014 94 b4000 Mazda I will have measurements in a min
rsfm089 Posted November 9, 2014 Author Report Posted November 9, 2014 L42w18h21 I'm also thinking sub up port up Port in middle. I have more room just trying to keep it there but can make it bigger
Hifonics Posted November 9, 2014 Report Posted November 9, 2014 Port up sub up works well in a truck. Best configuration I've had so far. 2010 F150 FX4-18" AA Mayhem-Crescendo BC3500d-Pioneer GM-D9500F 4-channel-2 Crescendo FT1 -2 Crescendo Neo Forte 6.5 -Pioneer AVH-P3300BT-6000K HID Headlights/Fog lights-All LED interior lighting-20% tint on front windows, 1% rear windows, 5% windshield strip-Big3 (XSFlex 0ga) -DC Power 270XP -Group 65 NorthStar AGM battery Coming soon/plans: -Build log-Blacked out mirror reflectors-Tinted tails/3rd brake light
rsfm089 Posted November 9, 2014 Author Report Posted November 9, 2014 I'm hoping joe pops back in so I can start my build I have to ask does it matter how much power I push for know I will run one aq2200 but once I can get electrical up I will put the second aq in will I have to change the box after that
Aj11 Posted November 9, 2014 Report Posted November 9, 2014 yea power matters, I'm not sure the rms on those subs. but i wouldn't double the rms or anything like that. if I'm not mistaken the sq 2200.1 does 2600w at 1ohm at 14v so your more then 1000w over the rms. personally.i would run that. but i can't say for you to or not. i Gave my type rs more then double rated for a long time and there still fine. but if you are gonna run that much use your head. or just get better bigger subs so your not way over powering them. jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
rsfm089 Posted November 9, 2014 Author Report Posted November 9, 2014 I have one hdc3 running off an aq2200 at .5 right now it does great
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.