• 1 month later...

^^^^^ you guys are funny.... :roflmao:

n8ball2013, on 19 Dec 2014 - 02:33 AM, said:

man seeing that dollar sign fucking hurt my feelings. they didnt cover it black out windows or add lube even

My wife didn't like Decaf..

Until she sat on my subwoofer.

Why not? I just put a brand new wheel set on my Avalanche with almost 200k kms...

If the vehicle is in good shape, new wheels probably will make it look better.

and that why youre piston broke... looks like we figured it out...

jk rims and miles dont matter

Rims and miles don't matter but do plan on replacing your ball joints and tierod ends due to mileage if you haven't already.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

• 1 month later...

Broke beat me to it. Replace your shocks, and springs, ball joints, and tie rod ends if you do. Low pro's may make the ride rougher, and all that will transfer into the vehicle.

Along these lines, I am currently reconditioning a 97 RS Camaro. While reading the Monroe suspension reviews on Advance Auto Parts website, one guy complained about the shocks "bottoming out". His car had 130K miles. No shit sherlock, you have to do the springs as well. Depending on the tire width, it may track or rail road on some roads. A worn suspension will make it more pronounced. As well as chew up your tires super fast. It's a pet peeve of mine that people will do everything but what is necessary. That's all I'm saying.

I learned the hard way. I did not replace my worn suspension components on my Bimmer and purchased my 18" wheels and tires. The original 110,000 worn suspension parts cupped the tires with in 2000 miles........even after the alignment! $1000.00 lesson learned. Since then I am on my second set of struts/shocks since 2010! I still have my 4 tires with 35,000+ miles on them since 2013!

This is my rear Toyo tires with 35,000+ miles. I did "0 Camber, 0 toe" both of which are out of spec per the manufacturer. But save tire wear tremendously.

001_zps0ec510b3.jpg

These are my front's with 35,000+ miles. "0 Camber, ) toe". same as above. Barely any inner tire wear!

002_zps8351cbf8.jpg

When these wear out, I will need a complete suspension again, every 50,000 miles for shocks/struts per BMW.

Do research on what camber and toe settings to have with the particular tire/wheel combination because the automotive shop will bring it to manufacturer specs, which may call for a 8 inch rim and you may be running 9.5 inch,----just an example. The Bimmer forums recommended the "0,0" for the 3 series and they are right!

Good luck.

-Frank

Archived