3 Way Passive Crossovers?

ptcary

New here- :unsure:

I am completely redoing a street/personal setup in my PT Cruiser, no contest competing for me.

I am building a poor mans 3-way set up with Kicker 6.75 midbass in the front doors, Peerless/Vifa 3.5 mids in the dash and Hifonics soft dome tweeters in the sail panels. I also have Kicker 5x7" mids in the rear factory locations for rear fill, no tweeters back there, and 4 Hifonics 12" subs in a sealed box in the hatch.

My question is about building a passive 3-way crossover vs buying a prefab set. I am having touble finding a decent and cheap prefab pair.

I am thinking subs get 0-80hz, doors get 80-400hz, mids get 400-3.5K nad tweeters get 3.5K and up.

I have 115watts RMS x4 for the mids/highs in each corner of the car.

Anyone know of some inexpensive prefab 3 way crossovers that I can easily find? Or am I left with buidling my own.

BTW, excellent site here! I spend a lot of time looking at all the installation pics, and there is some real talent here!

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

New here- :unsure:

I am completely redoing a street/personal setup in my PT Cruiser, no contest competing for me.

I am building a poor mans 3-way set up with Kicker 6.75 midbass in the front doors, Peerless/Vifa 3.5 mids in the dash and Hifonics soft dome tweeters in the sail panels. I also have Kicker 5x7" mids in the rear factory locations for rear fill, no tweeters back there, and 4 Hifonics 12" subs in a sealed box in the hatch.

My question is about building a passive 3-way crossover vs buying a prefab set. I am having touble finding a decent and cheap prefab pair.

I am thinking subs get 0-80hz, doors get 80-400hz, mids get 400-3.5K nad tweeters get 3.5K and up.

I have 115watts RMS x4 for the mids/highs in each corner of the car.

Anyone know of some inexpensive prefab 3 way crossovers that I can easily find? Or am I left with buidling my own.

BTW, excellent site here! I spend a lot of time looking at all the installation pics, and there is some real talent here!

I would look at parts express. They have a bunch in the pro audio side. theres been a couple I've been eyeballin.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Archived