Second Skin Audio

Box for 2 x12" sundowns

Gil Loyola

Okay guys....my friend build me a box for the sundown x12s....but he mest up on the port....i wanted it 5.5 wide and 12.5 tall and he make it 4.5 wide were the baffle is and 5.5 at the end of the port how will this afect the box.....i know it will lower the tunning....and make the net volume bigger too. It originally was 13in^2 per foot and now im thinking around 11.5 in^2 ......ima be pushing them way over there rated power with a crescendo 5500. I dont want to build another box because this one is finished and painted real nice.10390030_754063717963097_100118516359914

I guess it would have been nice to measure your port before dumping that time into paint and bodywork.

You aren't going to notice much of a difference likely with the 1" change. Your tuning is likely a bit lower, like you said.

Most importantly: Good luck running the subs on that much power. How much airspace did you give the subs?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I guess it would have been nice to measure your port before dumping that time into paint and bodywork.

You aren't going to notice much of a difference likely with the 1" change. Your tuning is likely a bit lower, like you said.

Most importantly: Good luck running the subs on that much power. How much airspace did you give the subs?

lol yea it would of been a good idea jejeje....The box is 5.5 net.....and about the power....its only going to see full tilt power for less than 30 seconds probably just for small demos dont wanna go deaf either

I just browsed your past threads and it turns out I already tried to help you before you built this box.

Honestly, best of luck with your setup. I have no idea what your goal is. It's crazy to have taken the time to make the box nice and pretty for a 30 second demo. As with your past threads, no one can help you. You're going to do what you want and and learn some lessons.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

so you're overpowering the subs, in a box too big for them

Good luck

What would be a good box size for this subs? and tunning? im tunned at 26hz

what are your goals?

and with that much power, I would've gave them 4 cubes net

With the box being that big, and that low of tuning, I hope you only listen to Decaf under 30hz and chopped n screwed music

otherwise I don't see you being too happy with this setup

What would be a good box size for this subs? and tunning? im tunned at 26hz

Are you tuned for 26 Hz now with the port smaller than intended, or were you shooting for 26 Hz with the port at 5.5" wide?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Okay guys....my friend build me a box for the sundown x12s....but he mest up on the port....i wanted it 5.5 wide and 12.5 tall and he make it 4.5 wide were the baffle is and 5.5 at the end of the port how will this afect the box.....i know it will lower the tunning....and make the net volume bigger too. It originally was 13in^2 per foot and now im thinking around 11.5 in^2 ......ima be pushing them way over there rated power with a crescendo 5500. I dont want to build another box because this one is finished and painted real nice.10390030_754063717963097_100118516359914

Can you post all dimensions or a Torres screenshot or whatever you are using or a sketch? Not a clue on what's the port length.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived