Revdoc Posted November 17, 2014 Report Posted November 17, 2014 Looking to put 6 12's in a wall in my 07 Escape. Ideal subs would have a 2.5" coil and be able to handle 600+ RMS each. They will be fed by a pair of 2k RMS amps. I'll have about 12 cubes to work with, probably do a slot port and tune to 30-35 hz. I listen to mostly rap and hiphop. Trying to stay under $150, really would like to be close to $100 each. So far I've found only these that really fit the bill: Soundqubed HDS212 - $99 Soundqubed SDC2.5 12 - $110 Sundown E12v2 - $119 These are all close but are a little short on power handling: Incriminator I12 - $109 - rated 300 RMS Skar VD12 - $125 - shallow mount, rated 500 RMS Skar IVX12 - $105 - rated 400 RMS I'm leaning towards the HDS212 or SDC2.5 but I keep hearing they like big boxes and they have stiff suspensions that don't play as low as a softer sub, both of which are negatives to me. So that leaves the Sundown E12v2. Any thoughts or other ideas?
dolarbilz Posted November 17, 2014 Report Posted November 17, 2014 Hds212 be best bet..I wouldn't do any shallow mount subs.
Sheamus Posted November 17, 2014 Report Posted November 17, 2014 I second the hds212 I have 4 and I love them
Motorboat KER Posted November 17, 2014 Report Posted November 17, 2014 I ordered a hds215 but i habe no experience with their 12. I uaed to have a rf p3 12 and it was nice
Triticum Agricolam Posted November 17, 2014 Report Posted November 17, 2014 In addition to what folks have already said I'd recommend either the Alpine SWR-12 or the American Bass TNT 1244. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Revdoc Posted November 17, 2014 Author Report Posted November 17, 2014 The Alpine SWR-12 is interesting. $140 shipped new from Amazon, rated at 1000 RMS. Are the TNT subs decent? I've never used AB products.
Triticum Agricolam Posted November 17, 2014 Report Posted November 17, 2014 The Alpine SWR-12 is interesting. $140 shipped new from Amazon, rated at 1000 RMS. Are the TNT subs decent? I've never used AB products. Nice thing about the Alpine is it like smaller boxes too. I have no personal experience with AB products yet, but I know others speak favorably of them, so take that at what its worth. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.