Sonic Electronix

Need Your Help/Advice with Problem

Hello Guys

Last week i just started to notice that my subs have substantially lost output. the system was set up correctly using dd1 and i can tell both subs are still playing but they are not putting out the output like they used too. I have also noticed that my trailblazer now puts out as high as 15.2v when cold and never dips much below 14.5 when i installed the system over the summer i would start at 14.5 and then it would drop down to 14.3 when the engine got hot and stuff with the bass bumping i would numbers in the low 13s or lower depending on how high i pushed it. I never over worked the subs. My question is what could be some possible causes for this loss in output could a connection on the terminals on the sub be loose. the reason i ask is i will be home next weekend where i have all the tools i need to fix the problem and would like a head start on what some of the issues could be. the amp has never gone into protect or anything.

Thanks

it is car audio. The automobile is one of the worst enviroments for electronics. Anything could of happened. I wouldn't beat yourself up to much thinking you may have abused it. If the woofer is an entry line woofer with typical asian parts then it could of just been defective parts/coils. Having said that it could be the amp as well but, normally the amp would shut down completely if something shorted out.

the amp is an saz 1200 and the subs are the sa 12s so not really entry line but i will check it out next weekend. it probably is the coil. Also could my voltage being so high be an indication that my alternator is going bad or maybe just that its so cold and i have done the big three also

Archived