Second Skin Audio

3 SA 10's Box Port clearance question.

KenC210

So I rebuilding a box for 3 SA-10 and the box net volume is 3.16 cuft of coarse minus the port area, sub displacement, and bracing. My port demensions are WxHxL 14x3x22 the port area according to torres is 42.00 in² and the port area per foot is 13.28 in². This sets my tuning at 35.21hz. How do these specs look for 3 SA-10

Check it on Win ISD to get an idea of the bandwidth and if that particular volume & tuning is your preference on what kind of music you listen to. Of course Win ISD isn't bang on because every vehicle is different and effects bandwidth & gain etc etc, but it'll give you a ballparks idea. But just looking at the design at a glance, the airspace is within Sundown's recommended, the tuning looks good (but that's user preference) it has enough port area, it's between 12-16 sq in. Design looks like it would work. What are you powering them with?

Alright so I have got most of the box rebuilt for my 3 SA 10's for my tundra. Now I am concerned about the port clearance. According to the pics would I come to any issues.

Port is 3x14

20141123_192211_zpst3f8onat.jpg

This would be the amp location.

20141123_192241_zpsuxpimijd.jpg

20141123_192250_zpsebv4r876.jpg

So before we suggest to move the amp, there is not anywhere I could relly move the amp to. So I am pretty much stuck with the location. I am just trying to see if there will be issues.

This was the other setup I had it in. I didn't secure the aero ports very well so they were vibrating in the box and it was annoying, so I went ahead and redone the box with a slot port. Having to change to slot port I needed to adjust the width of the box to help with the box volume.

20140915_144448_zpssqls7ris.jpg

You want to have at least a port width, so 3" in your case, of clearance out side the port. I think you will probably be fine. Since everything is already built anyway I'd give it a try and see if you have any issues or not.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

You want to have at least a port width, so 3" in your case, of clearance out side the port. I think you will probably be fine. Since everything is already built anyway I'd give it a try and see if you have any issues or not.

Yeah I will be trying it soon just wondering what others would think

Archived