Second Skin Audio

Stereo Integrity Mag D2 & Bm

Guest MegaloManiac

Guest MegaloManiac

oh ok. i can see your point on the over hypness. but from just reading about it does seem to be my cup of tea. I mean i own the previous mag so if Nick says its better than that mag then thats great. i understand the owner wont bash his own product. but he seems to be true to his word from the other mag.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MegaloManiac
I wouldnt buy those just for the fact they are no longer american made. I know what products are american, and what are overseas, and those are definitley not domestic speakers

Iam sure they would be nice for the average consumer, but not for me

One way or the other any sub even made in USA, the parts came from China...

Edited by MegaloManiac
forgot a word somehow

Forevrbumpn,

Even most USA made woofers are made from a high percentage of Chinese sourced components. Almost all magnets, steel parts, and baskets come from China. Some soft parts and coils still come from the USA, though. For bigger and higher power subs I like USA assembled drivers, it's easier to get a more robust glue job consistently done - which is why my Nightshade subs are assembled in the USA.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

I rep them but im not going to throw bullshit down peoples throats. In conversations ive had withhim and other people involved with the company itself ...meh as a total for the new direction of the company.

Accordman, did you mean to say that you are a rep for my company? :blink:

I do resent the comment that I "turned my back on" my customers because out of the eight years we have been in business we have received more emails asking about mounting depth and enclosure size than we have about ported alignments. So if by "turning my back on" my customers by listening to them, then I gues I turned my back on them.

The Mag was originally designed for small sealed applications and at that time we didn't know as much about driver design as we do now and when the first generation Mag came out it just happened to really slam when placed in medium-sized ported enclosures. We know why they did that and we continued to produce them to perform like that because that was what was available to us at the time. And these "US Made" build houses are using Chinese parts. There's nothing "US" about them other than assembly...and maybe a voice coil or two...but even that is changing as some Chinese build houses are using better glue on the windings now.

80% or more of the people who have purchased a Mag first-hand or second-hand are running them sealed. The only people who port them usually end up selling them in exchange for a pure SPL monster because they get wrapped up in the competition side of things. But even then you see posts all over the place where people are saying that they wish they had their Mag back because after all the time they swapped out other subs the Mag still sounded better.

Sounded better. That's the reason we went back to small sealed...except we took it to the extreme and knocked off 1.25" of mounting depth, kept 1000 watts of power handling, and increased the SQ by about two-fold. The new Mag is a completely different beast that shines in small sealed boxes.

Jacob had 3 different versions of the Mag and he ran them all sealed. All of my installs were always sealed due to space constraints. All of my local customers wanted sealed. Most of my emails were about mounting depth and a small enclosure.

Electrodynamic

Power handling is not a power requirement! Don't install suckage!

Simon Eichenberger is the man.

My PM's are disabled.