Second Skin Audio

Stereo Integrity Mag D2 & Bm

Guest MegaloManiac

Guest MegaloManiac

The New Stereo Integrity Mag D2 & BM will be cost at $249 shipped and $149 shipped! OMG Im pretty happy now.

http://stereointegrity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29

I took some pictures of what the new Mag and BM drivers are going to look like while I was in Ningbo this week. So without further wait, here they are :D

magbm2sm.jpg

newmagsm.jpg

newmag2sm.jpg

The Mag and BM are going to be equipped with a custom, flush, gasket with "Stereo Integrity" raised on the top. The gasket tooling was finished this past Thursday so I will post a picture of the sample as soon as I get it. For now, the pictures that I took do NOT have the gasket pictured.

I'll post up more information about both the Mag and the BM such as exactly what each of the models are going to be equipped with for production.

PS: Our logo and "Mag D2" are etched into the back of the basket. No screen printing there!

The new Mag's are going to be $249 shipped and the BM's are going to be $149 shipped.
Edited by MegaloManiac

yea im not willing to lose output for the "clearer sound" they will supposedly provide.

I'm pretty meh about the whole Mag line now and will probably never own another one as long as they are geared for sealed box only. Theres PLENTY of subs out there i can get that i actually like the aestetics of as well as the sound of without HAVING to do sealed in order to achieve this great sound all the reviewers (reps for the most part) say you can get.

Yea it will sound decent im sure, but its plain out not the sub i love out of SI. I'm sure i'll have one long enough to listen to it then it will be gone pretty much as soon as i buy it.

Also persoanlly i kinda feel like SI as a company turned thier back on all those people who bought previous generation mags because of the fact they had ALOT of output while still retaining great SQ in a ported alignment. to tell those people to go sealed lose output but gain SQ is rather foolish imo.

I guess we'll see how they perform though as one min i hear theres the same output as the old ones ported but inside of me i cant really see this happening.

Guest MegaloManiac

they are not the same output ported. Nick said watt per watt box type per box type new mag is louder. but never that the sealed box is louder than the ported old mag.

old mag was designed around sealed too, it just so happened it liked a ported box too. The market is soaked with a lot of subs that soak up power and you know this Accord. This sub is biased to certain people I agree, and thats exactly what SI had in mind. The sub is no longer "idiot proof" either to say the least. Nick said it himself if you want a sub that can take 2000watts and want a ton of bass then buy a different product simple, there are a variety out there for your pleasure.

While the new mag is shallow, smaller box req and sounding good. Its perfect for someone who just wants a little bump in the trunk to fill that lower octave. SI cut a lot of unnecessary costs to get to the $249 price which is great imo(half of the price of old mag).

they are not the same output ported. Nick said watt per watt box type per box type new mag is louder. but never that the sealed box is louder than the ported old mag.

old mag was designed around sealed too, it just so happened it liked a ported box too. The market is soaked with a lot of subs that soak up power and you know this Accord. This sub is biased to certain people I agree, and thats exactly what SI had in mind. The sub is no longer "idiot proof" either to say the least. Nick said it himself if you want a sub that can take 2000watts and want a ton of bass then buy a different product simple, there are a variety out there for your pleasure.

While the new mag is shallow, smaller box req and sounding good. Its perfect for someone who just wants a little bump in the trunk to fill that lower octave. SI cut a lot of unnecessary costs to get to the $249 price which is great imo(half of the price of old mag).

they didnt cut anything but going direct, the new mag cost more to make then the old mag. All he did was cut dealers out for the most part. I rep them but im not going to throw bullshit down peoples throats. In conversations ive had withhim and other people involved with the company itself ...meh as a total for the new direction of the company.

Guest MegaloManiac

Why do you feel a sub should have to produce a lot of output? some(actually a lot) people dont want all that bass and soaking up more power. If this sub can do the exact same thing the old mag can(at rated power of course) in a smaller box then why not...

There are plenty of other drivers out there that will suit your needs. But for my needs SI's product will suits me(hopefully at least).

I dont want to call this an argument but if it is, its moot :)

I wouldnt buy those just for the fact they are no longer american made. I know what products are american, and what are overseas, and those are definitley not domestic speakers

Iam sure they would be nice for the average consumer, but not for me

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Why do you feel a sub should have to produce a lot of output? some(actually a lot) people dont want all that bass and soaking up more power. If this sub can do the exact same thing the old mag can(at rated power of course) in a smaller box then why not...

There are plenty of other drivers out there that will suit your needs. But for my needs SI's product will suits me(hopefully at least).

I dont want to call this an argument but if it is, its moot :)

im not argueing at all, if you like to buy a sub thats overhyped as shit buy a mag, its actually good they cut the price in half because honestly in the last generation there are subs that were half the price that sounded just as good.

Like every other sub its got its market, im sure the *** forum people will eat it up. DIY i could maybe see some of them picking it up. but seeing as he wants no dealers anymore or anything like that i dont see how that will help the company at all.

SQ is so damn subjective its not even funny, but for everyone to take basically the owner of the companies word that its the best thing since sliced break imo you should approach with caution until they are actually out and in the hands of people. I'll have one sooner or later, if it is overhyped i dont care what anyone says i'll bash the shit out of it.