What color, if any, do you think would look good in my engine?

When it starts to get warm out I plan to do something with my engine, nothing extreme just wires, wireloom, and maybe someday the valve covers. My uncle who paints vehicles for a living thinks I should just clean and strip everything and repaint black. Its a 1997 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham, it's a cream white exterior and interior is dark red.

So, what color or should I stick with black?

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham.

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

Two 12" Sony Xplode (temporary)

Black forsure. Simple and clean. Caddy's are elegant and clean, not flashy and trashy

How does adding color make a vehicle trashy?

Why add random color that doesn't match the vehicle paint in any form where color wasn't meant to be?

Some vehicles it can work, not a caddy though.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Black with some aluminum not flashy just clean .

I will look into this, I know I tried at one point and found it kind of difficult to find ones that matched.

Black forsure. Simple and clean. Caddy's are elegant and clean, not flashy and trashy

How does adding color make a vehicle trashy?

Why add random color that doesn't match the vehicle paint in any form where color wasn't meant to be?

Some vehicles it can work, not a caddy though.

Yea I did this with my Bonneville SSEi and it turned out great, made the whole engine pop and look a lot more aggressive. Wasn't sure about the Caddy though.

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

Its a 97 fleetwood brougham??? Last year of fleetwood brougham was 1996. I had a all black one miss the crap out of it. Sweet ass car. Got any pics. For your engine paint question go same as exterior cream white. You doing a system in you cadi or any other plans?

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Its a 97 fleetwood brougham??? Last year of fleetwood brougham was 1996. I had a all black one miss the crap out of it. Sweet ass car. Got any pics. For your engine paint question go same as exterior cream white. You doing a system in you cadi or any other plans?

lol I don't know why I typed 97, I meant 1993. The thought did cross my mind about using the same color as the car itself and while I think it would look awesome as hell, it would be too much of a pain to keep clean since the smallest dirt, dust, or oil would be extremely noticeable. Small things here and there, sand off all the wood grain and paint black (hate wood grain and it looks good so far), repair all the minor issues like air ride compressor, lumbar and heated seats.

For the stereo I already have a nice dvd player in a custom yet temporary box so other than that I plan to replace the entire system, subs included.

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

Nice i had in my 96 fleetwood brougham same issue with my heated seats. I cut some of the metal off that back seat to help bass to travel better into the front of the car.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Archived