Second Skin Audio

2 hdc318 in 2007 tahoe

greg4510

Port is not based on airspace.

If you have 2 amps, 1 to each sub, that are not gain matched(you said you set the gains by ear) then you may just have time of cancellation from the subs fighting each other in that box.

Don't switch equipment, get your shit set up PROPERLY before you even attempt to judge it.

And CJ, guessing what his 2200 puts out after rise is impossible without tools to measure. Don't give bad info based on a guess.

Greg, which direction is your port facing? Can you put pictures up of the setup? Pics will help possibly if there is something obvious that we can see. Getting your gains set correctly is the biggest thing I can think of, I can also think of another few potential problems. If you don't have enough clearance between the port and an obstacle(like the hatch) that could be a big problem. If your design or assembly of the box isn't very good, that's another problem.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I have subs up port back. the thing I think I may be wrong on is my subs face up and the port is on one side of the box not center ported like I would usually do. ive heard a few things about loading issues when porting that way but ive heard many systems still bet that way. I have plenty of clearance in front of the port like 10 maybe 14 inches

Port is not based on airspace.

If you have 2 amps, 1 to each sub, that are not gain matched(you said you set the gains by ear) then you may just have time of cancellation from the subs fighting each other in that box.

Don't switch equipment, get your shit set up PROPERLY before you even attempt to judge it.

And CJ, guessing what his 2200 puts out after rise is impossible without tools to measure. Don't give bad info based on a guess.

Greg, which direction is your port facing? Can you put pictures up of the setup? Pics will help possibly if there is something obvious that we can see. Getting your gains set correctly is the biggest thing I can think of, I can also think of another few potential problems. If you don't have enough clearance between the port and an obstacle(like the hatch) that could be a big problem. If your design or assembly of the box isn't very good, that's another problem.

Sorry for putting it that way but we all know music doesn't produce the same power as test tones. And most amps do rated with test tones. So after accounting for impendence rise and music being played, and also info from so many people who are running those amps there is no way he could be running rated.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

So according to my calculations, your box is almost 13 cubes gross, 8 cubes net (after displacements). And you have almost 21 square inches of Port per cube. WAY to small of box with WAY to much port area. That box would be much better suited to 2 15s if it had a smaller port.

Several systems, several vehicles. Always changing!

DCSig_zpsgm88292n.jpg

2013 MECA State Champion (trunk 1)

2014 MECA State Champion (mod 4)

2014 MECA state Champion (Park and Pound 4)

2014 DBDRAG 6th place North America Finals (SS1-2)

2014 BASS RACE 6th place North America Finals (139.9)

I have subs up port back. the thing I think I may be wrong on is my subs face up and the port is on one side of the box not center ported like I would usually do. ive heard a few things about loading issues when porting that way but ive heard many systems still bet that way. I have plenty of clearance in front of the port like 10 maybe 14 inches

The only way it causes loading issues is when the subs magnet is directly over the internal port opening. This will cause the port to load straight into the port and you wouldn't want that. How is your mates port positioned?? I still feel you should set your gains with an o-scope or dd1 before concluding anything

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

sierra im trying to find another digital camera so I can snap afew pics ill get them up shortly. fcs530 im way bigger then 13 cu ft because I have 12 net after port and speaker displacement that's the only reason I did 180 sq in. the soundqubed site says 192 sq in for 2 18 in 12 cubes

Archived