Sundown Audio

What Did I Mess Up? Amp Cuts Off And On Now

mrwigglezdj

Maybe something got pulled during the breakin? I had many issues with truck, (And still have ) after mine was gutted.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

thats what was crossing my mind, they could have yanked on the wires and it takes the bass to "shake" the wire to the spot where is shorts out.... so yea ill be pulling it all out and redoing it... god dam lol thats a 2 day project lol and another 80 feet of 12ga wire ....

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

I've chased more issues after my break-in now, then I ever have in my "the good old days" ghetto installs http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

well i hope i can get it figured out, because i cant stand my shit not working properly, its embarassing as hell...

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

well i hope i can get it figured out, because i cant stand my shit not working properly, its embarassing as hell...

I heard the hell outta that!

well i messed with the amp a little bit, and figured i would try this ghetto method for a lil while to see if heat was my problem... ill know if it works tommrow

what i did was got a turbo 3000 boat fan to expell gas fumes from the engine compartment , and ran a 3 inch duct to above the amp to blow down on it... and at 16 v the fan moves aprox 230cfm of air

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

dude youre a fuckin jinx -.- now im havin the same problem. amp for the highs is cuttin out, but my other amps are unaffected

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

well my fan didnt fix the problem, but if i put it on the am/fm radio it goes all the way up and doesnt turn off, i put it on usb or cd and as soon as i hit vol. 8-10 it starts to cut in and out... im so fuckin lost lol.....

well my fan didnt fix the problem, but if i put it on the am/fm radio it goes all the way up and doesnt turn off, i put it on usb or cd and as soon as i hit vol. 8-10 it starts to cut in and out... im so fuckin lost lol.....

i saw a couple relays, do you have one for your remote wire? is the remote wire for the mids amps jumped off the sub amp?

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

Archived