Second Skin Audio

2011 ford mustang build ideas.

KenC210

So now that I completed the audio portion in my Tundra it's time for me to start working in the mustang. It will be nothing huge or crazy. I was thinking of doing just a sealed box as I would like a good sounding application in this car. I have looked into others who have had trouble getting mustangs to sound good with ported boxes so Just would like to have it simple. I also do not want to give up to much room either as the truck will still need to be used.

So with that said I would like some ideas on a sub stage. I have not looked to much into different subs lately so I am wondering on what are some good sound quality subs. It will be powered by an AQ 2200 since I have one available so wiring options I could either do 4ohm, 2ohm, or even 1ohm. I don't really have a tight budget on this so I am willing to spend 800 on just the sub a lone. Its a ball park figure so of course if I spend more or even better less its fine. What kind of options we got out there? I would like to do a single 12 application is what I was thinking however that is not my finally decision yet but definitely will not be going larger.

These cars are shitty to get bass from. If you want sealed, and your trunk space, just get a prefab sub enclosure from q-logic or something similar. Something you build yourself wont' sound much better. Not worth the effort to glass your own either, IMHO.

If you do a ported box, a 10" is big as you can go without cutting the car, unless you do sub up, which also sucks balls on these cars.

On that aq2200, Id say get a DC lvl 4 or XL 10 and fire it forward sealed off. Thats your best bet while keeping trunk room.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Glad you were the one to chime in being a mustang owner. When you mention firing forward that would set my box as far back as possible like closes to the trunk lid? If so then I would have to get me a grill over the sub for sure. DC subs are a good sound quality sub? I seem to see them get more into getting loud application.

I wouldn't worry about pushing it back. I'd put it right up against the back seats, with the port driver side. That way, you can still load stuff in your trunk through the rear opening.

AA Havoc or Fi BL would also work. The Havoc is one of the best sounding subs i've heard. Build a box 1.25-1.5 cubes tuned to 33.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Both subs and port facing the rear seat? How would that sound with the seats up most the time if not all the time? From the way it's sounding this is going to be an in the truck build if I don't just buy a prefab box. lol. The trunk opening is extremely awkward.

Both subs and port facing the rear seat? How would that sound with the seats up most the time if not all the time? From the way it's sounding this is going to be an in the truck build if I don't just buy a prefab box. lol. The trunk opening is extremely awkward.

Two tens? I thought you only wanted one sub. Let me find my build with 2 XL 10s. Takes the whole trunk.

And you don't have to build in the trunk, the box goes in the passenger door to the back seat and slides into place.

Why are the seats going to be up most the time? Grown people can hardly fit in there.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Sorry typo. Will be a single sub set up. This car is my wife's car and I don't think she will want the seats down. It will most likely be extra added work for her to put the seats up and down unless i do it for her. No adults fit in the back its for my kids really.

Archived