Second Skin Audio

Sound Quality Sub Question

Any other suggestions?

Also, does anyone know anything about those CSS SDX12 mentioned earlier? Specifically the wattage rms rating.

They're not very well known. Google is your friend. But from what I've seen, 650-1000W each should be good.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Any other suggestions?

Also, does anyone know anything about those CSS SDX12 mentioned earlier? Specifically the wattage rms rating.

They're not very well known. Google is your friend. But from what I've seen, 650-1000W each should be good.

I already tried to google it. There just isn't that much info out there on it. I will try shooting CSS an email. Thanks.

Any other suggestions?

I already tried to google it. There just isn't that much info out there on it. I will try shooting CSS an email. Thanks.

Let me know what they say actually, I'm interested.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

Any other suggestions?

Will do! Just sent the email. How have you heard of them? I can't find any reviews on them but it seems like a quality product.

Any other suggestions?

Will do! Just sent the email. How have you heard of them? I can't find any reviews on them but it seems like a quality product.

Just through people. Some stuff on them on HT forums too. I really want to try them, might be my next purchase.

Any other suggestions?

Just through people. Some stuff on them on HT forums too. I really want to try them, might be my next purchase.

The lack of info out there makes me hesitant to purchase though.

I would not hesitate to purchase those CSS subs if that's the direction you want to go, that brand is very well respected in the DIY hifi audio world. While have not experience with them personally, those are supposed to be great subs.

Now that being said, I think you should have a more a plan for what your box is going to be and what exactly you want to do before you pick your subs.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

I would not hesitate to purchase those CSS subs if that's the direction you want to go, that brand is very well respected in the DIY hifi audio world. While have not experience with them personally, those are supposed to be great subs.

Now that being said, I think you should have a more a plan for what your box is going to be and what exactly you want to do before you pick your subs.

I definitely wont throw the CSS subs out the window. And as far as the box goes, that is not my strong suit. I have a guy who is really good at building boxes though and he would basically make the best box possible for whatever subs I end up going with. Assuming the subs do not require a box bigger than what I can fit in my car.

I've heard good things about Morel, but I am not sure about JBL or Pioneer. The JBL MKII looks good, but is it not overpriced at all? Almost $400 bucks for seemingly just a name brand sub that can only handle 700wmrs. Forgive me if I am wrong.

If anything JBL is one of the best pioneers of the entire industry and out of anyone's products I would trust theirs the absolute most.

If you get the MKII you will most certainly not be unhappy.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Archived