Second Skin Audio

Sound Quality Sub Question

OP: You won't hear a difference between 700W and 1kW RMS.

You might hear a SLIGHT difference between 700W and 1,400W.

Well since it is a dual 6ohm sub what kind of amp would you even use on it? The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is a JL amp with RIPS or something.

Fosgate t1000-bdcp or a jl amp could get you decent power at that impedance. Maybe some alpine or kickers since i think they do rated at 2 ohms.

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4

Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12

Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1

Another suggestion would be Re-audio subwoofers. I've heard the XXX 15' powered by a kicker 2500watt amp and that thing is monstrous and extremely clean. I'm sure the rest of there line is bullet proof aswell.

Not sure what pricing you can find on those, but if you can get one of those in your price range you would be set for life. But keep in mind the more power you run the farther you go away from sound quality. Also keep in mind weight. Those XXX woofers ( also the heavy hitter DC subs) are some heavy bastards.

my brother has the XXX the SMD has it beat.. the SMD gets down on the low end with authority.. the xxx falls of and cant take over rated power. we managed to blow it with a bc3500 set with the dd -1.. once we put the smd it was way more responsive and got down.. one of the best subs ive heard

Fosgate t1000-bdcp or a jl amp could get you decent power at that impedance. Maybe some alpine or kickers since i think they do rated at 2 ohms.

Only problem is those amps would make the JBL MkII look cheap lol

Another suggestion would be Re-audio subwoofers. I've heard the XXX 15' powered by a kicker 2500watt amp and that thing is monstrous and extremely clean. I'm sure the rest of there line is bullet proof aswell.

Not sure what pricing you can find on those, but if you can get one of those in your price range you would be set for life. But keep in mind the more power you run the farther you go away from sound quality. Also keep in mind weight. Those XXX woofers ( also the heavy hitter DC subs) are some heavy bastards.

How is any of this helpful?

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

yeah but the SMD isnt under 500 is it

no is not.. just using it to show the xxx is a shit subs that cost 1k anyways so really.. the xxx isnt under 500 is it?

Archived