Most Epic Box Build Log Video EVER!

I can't stand stained boxes that have edges that show the plies. In this case three layers thick. Make some 45's so the edges meet and no plies are shown, or put on a veneer of the type of wood you're using. Why stain it like a cabinet, when a cabinet has more attention to detail than this "epic" subwoofer box.

Showing the plies... do you guys run around the shop with your johnsons dangling out too?

Johnny with Gameover CCA (Shop at sundown hq) Gave us dims for this box on Friday and said he needed it shipped by Monday.

We threw in the stain/poly for him to show off the box in the lanes.

I've always thought of using veneer, but at $40 for stain/poly currently it isn't going to happen as our standard.

I can't stand stained boxes that have edges that show the plies. In this case three layers thick. Make some 45's so the edges meet and no plies are shown, or put on a veneer of the type of wood you're using. Why stain it like a cabinet, when a cabinet has more attention to detail than this "epic" subwoofer box.

Showing the plies... do you guys run around the shop with your johnsons dangling out too?

Lets see some of your work.

Cool box design but really need to re- title this thread. Rounded over edges would have been nice as well. Stained port with a nice color of paint on the outside to compliment it would look bad ass. Not a huge fan of seeing the ply layers stained.

Sorry for lack of love CBS but this is the best damn audio forum out there and a lot members here can do some killer work. And we dont do this shit for a living but for the love of the hobby.

Your title is asking for the slammin more than anything. My box is in my avatar pic, 3rd one i ever built. Designed by a member on here, built by me. Looks and sounds great but is Just a BOX! lol

haters gonna hate... even if the title was different. lol good shit though. you're really blowin up in the car audio world.. keep doin what your doin, ignore the no names.

When you set yourself to be hated on and then get upset about in the end that person only has themselves to blame. Not really hating just pointing shit out. They do good work, just not EPIC in our opinions. "Ignore the NO Names" coming from the 1st post member! LOL Many of us has been on here for years, some since it started so i am not sure who you think the NO Names are?

I have built custom cabinets in the past. Raised panel doors and what not. I can't do shit now, I'm paralyzed from the chest down.

It's an awesome awesome box, no doubt. I was giving ya shit more than anything. It's way better than most can do.

It was cool to see, so thank you for sharing.

Archived