Sundown Audio

Didn't know that ^

yeah, so person was asking about some subs and everyone was loosing their shit cause omg vs thread but one of the glorious admins oh here swooped in and said "Hault! before you call that wahmbulance and go to the hospital over that huge amount of butthurt here are the rules fools" and yeah

1997 subaru legacy outback

Four 15's in a almost wall

Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets
Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass

Optima Yellow top batteries
270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) 
Lots of Second Skin

A 19" cube box? For an 18? Even IF those are internal dimensions, just no.

You might be able to squeeze a 15" in a 19" cube box, if those are internal dims and you use a small aero.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

You might be able to squeeze a 15" in a 19" cube box, if those are internal dims and you use a small aero.

Nope, that's external dimensions.

I got the idea from this

http://www.data-bass.com/data?page=system&id=91

He's using a 15.5'' cube box for a 15'' driver, and the heavy duty drivers he tests produce quite excellent maximum output. I just wanna do something like that, but with a little bit more enclosure rigidity, so I'll make my box 16'' cube. Plus, I think a "bezel-less" sub looks pretty cool!

I don't push my subs hard. The Zv4 looks like an extreme duty subwoofer, and I don't think it'd be fazed by the 2000 watts from an iNuke amp if it somehow ever needs it. I'll take the smaller size over efficiency anyday.

I got the idea from this

He's using a 15.5'' cube box for a 15'' driver, and the heavy duty drivers he tests produce quite excellent maximum output. I just wanna do something like that, but with a little bit more enclosure rigidity, so I'll make my box 16'' cube. Plus, I think a "bezel-less" sub looks pretty cool!

I don't push my subs hard. The Zv4 looks like an extreme duty subwoofer, and I don't think it'd be fazed by the 2000 watts from an iNuke amp if it somehow ever needs it. I'll take the smaller size over efficiency anyday.

You do realize a 16" cube box is 1.76 cubic feet gross internally right?

If you're going sealed, you could add a ton of stuffing and you might be ok. But it's not gonna be great. Also note that Sundown doesn't recommend sealed for the Zv.4's. And forget about ported in that box.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

I got the idea from this

You do realize a 16" cube box is 1.76 cubic feet gross internally right?

If you're going sealed, you could add a ton of stuffing and you might be ok. But it's not gonna be great. Also note that Sundown doesn't recommend sealed for the Zv.4's. And forget about ported in that box.

I do realize that. I'm just trying to build the most powerful small subwoofer I can. The Zv4 actually models really well for small sealed boxes, even better than the LMS 5400. At one point I considered doing a LMS-R 12'' with dual 12'' PRs in a 16'' cube with a 20Hz tuning, but then the LMS-R 12 is no longer available, and people suggested the 15'' Zv4 sealed instead as I have a large budget (not a lot of love for PR designs on the forums for some reason)

Edited by bcodemz